Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i was wondering what states Neon light UNDERNEATH ur car r illegal? i live in MI and i think they r illegal? can anyone verify that for me? thanx
and does anyone know WHY they are illegal? i dont understand y they are

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Pimptown....

where do you live in Mi? i live in Alpena. shit town of the world.

yes they are illegal to drive with them on. if im correct, they are classified as a "distraction" to other motorists. bs if you ask me. but if your parked just talking, i think you can have them on. later.

SolarSlash

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
S.S.

I live in Ypsilanti, its near Ann Arobor
thanx for the info, that kinda sucks that they r illegal, cause they r cool as hell
do u have them on ur car?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Under Carriage Lights

I don't know why undercarriage neon lights are illegal in your state, but in CT where I live, they are considered a distraction from the road. Think about it, if you are driving towards someone or behind them, your eyes are automatically drawn to light. Some of those things are bright as hell, so you look down to see where the light is coming from and hit the person you are following. It sounds stupid, but it is a serious safety issue to the people who make the laws. Also, the police use flashing blue and red lights, and the neons that go under your car look a lot like the lights that are on police. It isn't a good idea al aroumd.
my .02
-Shawn

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Pimptown...

i used to live in Ypsilanti when i was little. i do not have the undercar neon kit, but i sure as hell like them. later.

SolarSlash

1 - 6 of 6 Posts