Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 MX6 and I was wondering is there supposed to be light around the ignition? In the manual, it says there is but I can't seem to see it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a '94 and yeh, there is a light inside the keyhole so when its dark inside you know where the hole is.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WHAT I MEANT WAS AN ILLUMINATION ON THE KEYHOLE....MINE DOESN"T HAVE IT AND IT's REALLY ANNOYING IN DARK.

G

·
Mine doesn't illuminate either

Nope, my '96 M edition doesn't either... it REALLY is annoying, especially on a car that was 28K new (although I got mine used) and has all available options. I don't remember my manual mentioning this, but I'll have to check and see. Hmmmmmm...

G

·
I have a '95 LS, and it has the light for the ignition. So I guess it's just the '96 and '97 that didn't have it.

Also, I remember in the manual reading about a light that goes on near the keyhole on the driver's side door (i guess when you pull on the handle before unlocking), but mine doesn't do that. Is that on our cars, or am I making it up?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
My 95 LS has the illuminated keyhole for the ignition. It's a little green bulb.

It does not have any light on the drivers door keyhole, however.

Tyson
95 LS

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yeh, the light in the handle comes on when you are going into your car and you pull up on the handle as if you were to open it. Since its locked it wont open but the light will come on so you know where the keyhole is.

G

·
i got a 93 and there's a little green lite that illuminates the ignition keyhole when you get in the car. i guess the later years dont have that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
94 LS V6. I have both lights - in the keyhole of the door and in the ignition. 8-P

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
i also have a 94 ls v6. And besides not having the newer obd system, i also have both lights. hehe guess we know what the best year 6 to have is huh?

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
My last Mx6 in S.A. Had both lights My new one in the UK only has the ignition one. But thought maybe bulb had gone in the Keyhole one. Will check and let you know.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i have a blue or green light in my ignition but not keyhole for the door.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Does anyone have a ***1996 or 97*** MX6 WITH a LIGHT?????

Does anyone have a ***1996 or 97*** MX6 WITH a LIGHT?????

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have a 94 LS. I have the light on the ignition keyhole and the door, but i think the one on the door is busted. Besides, I have never needed it because as soon as I bought the car brand new I had a Clifford alarm installed which connects to the central locking system. Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever put my key in the door's keyhole.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts