Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY!!! GOOD NEWS!!! I have recently found out that I was a dad so I went looking for cars. I test drove a white 97 626 stick 4 door with the 6cyl in it. I was quite impressed!! I will be joining you guy on the performance mods section soon because I a going to try and get it! (starting with intake)

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Great news, congratulations on the newly born AND on the car. you will definitely be happy with them both.. LOL. s you know the 626 has the same engine and pretty much a LOT of if not all of th erepalcement parts as the MX6 so this borard in it's entirety will correspond with you.

Good luck with everything.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I love the 626, especially because my girl is getting rid of her 93HP Toyota Paseo for it!!!! Long live Ford and Mazda! (and Jaguar, and Mercury, and Lincoln.... Since ford owns them all)

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
kewl

dont forget austin martin!!! those are phat!!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I did it the opposite way. I got my MX-6 then found I'm going to be a dad. If we knew we were going to have a baby I probably would have never gotten the mx-6 not very pratical for hauling kids.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Man, I get sick and tired of poeple askin me why I bought a "granny car" or "grocery getter". But, I wanted something you dont see a lot of at car shows, and something thats fairly hard to mod. So I can put more effort and custom stuff on it. Im glad I bought it now, and next summer, hopefully if everything goes as planned, it wont even look like a 626 anymore, some major stuff takin place if everything falls into place. Lots of fiberglass molding, shaving, etc....

Glad to see another buddy in the 626 family, welcome man

Robert

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've got a 96 626 with the 2.0. Me and my friends work on race cars on the weekend, and At first I wasn't going to bother with it, but I couldn't help it. Now I can't stop, it's turned into another project. I've done alot of things to it. I think you made a good decision Bro. MX6.com & probetalk.com are the two boards that I visit most often now. Have fun. Congradulations on the fatherhood!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Congradulations on the baby! I have a two year old boy and still bought a six. We couldn't help it, we test drove it and we were sold. Yeah it's not practical but but it works!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She's flying out here the 22 of this month(Dec) to look at it. For a four door it is F#[email protected] exactly what I want. I was looking for a cold air induction kit for it but I can't find one from K&N so I'm looking at HKS and some other brand I linked to on the net, but it looks like a wanna be company...

·
Registered
42 Posts
IH8RICE said:
cold air induction kit for it but I can't find one from K&N so I'm looking at HKS and some other brand I linked to on the net, but it looks like a wanna be company...
Let me help you out a lil man. I have the HKS, its the same principle as the K&N cone filter, sticks right on the VAF, they arent cold air intakes, they sit right next to the engine and suck in all the hot air from it, especially at idle waiting to launch. I'm tellin you to save the extra money, and buy the Hotshot CAI, I wish I had, now Im suffering.:( Sometime within the next couple of months I'll be gettin me one!!!! That is the only CAI for the 2.5L mtx's. Anything else is custom, in which if you decide to go that route, will probly save you about 100 bucks. There are several guys on probetalk.com that actually make these and sell them for 35 bucks, thats without the filter though. Or, you can go to Home Depot Motorsports yourself and make one for a grand total of 13 bucks. Again, that price is without the filter. Their easy to make, but I like the look of the Hotshot

http://www.hotshot.com

Just somewhat steering you in the right direction, just thought I'd tell ya not to get the HKS from experience
Later,
Robert

·
Registered
42 Posts
Oh yea, I totally forgot about the PRM CAI intake, another choice for ya to make I guess

If you feel like waitin longer, PRD(Probe Racing Developement) will be manufactoring CAI's pretty soon, they just have to work out a minor bug, and their done. Just something for you to think about

Robert

1 - 13 of 13 Posts