Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right not been on the forums at all really. Lost all enthusiasm with the 6 when the engine went nearly 3 months ago. Since then ive been driving round in a Golf GTI then a Rover 800 Vitesse Turbo and then a Vauxhall Carlton GSi 24v (hmmmm fun!!!) But its all come to a sorry end. The carlton got written off by some twat on New Years eve. Add to that I resigned from my job because of a mutual disagreement and they where looking to try and sack me so Im carless and job less.

All is not lost though. Since the car has been off the road i checked the clearences on my high compression j-spec bottom end and its all good (should be as its only done 60k), Ive got new head gaskets and head bolts (a big thanks to www.cmachester.co.uk), a second hand 4ws power steering pump and a new bottom arm.

So tomorrow im pulling the old engine out and building up the new motor. Im hoping to have it back in and on the road by sat night. A little optomistic but i can get the engine out in 3 hours so if i start early theres a chance.

BTW Anyone know of any IT System Admin or IT technician jobs round cheshire or north wales????

Kyle

·
Registered
300 Posts
Welcome back

Lets hope your Beast (Car) can burn some rubber Saturday night:) . Youve got a lot of work to do in two days mate but good luck.

As for the job, Sorry mate cannot help you there since I am in SA, unless you are looking at moving to a warmer climate, sunshine almost everyday.

Good luck with the car and job seeking m8.

William

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Hi Kyle

Nice to have you back on board, hope the rebuild of the 6 goes well! Also itll be good to have you back as you no alot about the 6s and can help others like me :D
Good luck

Stu

ps move south jobs are easyer to find @-

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Kyle
Welcome back sir, nice to see you haven't given up the 6 completly, hope you little rebuild goes well }) , and hope you get yourself a nice little job.

Good luck
Andy

·
Registered
768 Posts
mmmmmm J spec, nice, 200BHP!!!

Shame about the Carlton mate, that are beasts of a car!!

how did you find the Golf GTI, suppose a bit gutless comared to the 2.5 V6, unless it was the 2.0 16v version

anyway, look forward to seeing it!

cheers

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Welcome Back MR Bodge it n Scarper :p

Id say good luck with the rebuild but apart from reminding you to connect the crank sensor youve done it all befor so i know youll manage it :D

See you around

G

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
Waaahhhheeeeeyyyyy Cruisey is back :E

watch this space for more high speed antics...

John.

·
Registered
768 Posts
i wish i could do something like this, being able to do engine swaps or at least get someone i could help who could teach me or show me what to do

would like to try and learn and help someone out on a project like this at some time as i want to do this kind of thing myself one day!!

:D ;)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well its out!!!

Cheers john for all the specs. Just got them now had a well busy day trying to sort things out.

As for high speed antics... well the carlton was good fun and great in car parks and round abouts (video to follow shortly) it wasnt as quick as me 6 was. Also it topped out at 150. Boring!!!

Anyway ive got to run this motor in a little before the fun starts. Whens the next meet anyway???

As for the golf gti it was a mk2 8v and to be fair dam nippy.

Well better get back to building up the new engine. Im hoping to get it back on its mounts late tonight.

Kyle

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Up for a rematch Kyle ;););)

Nice to see you back mate :D

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dam right I will be dave.

Just an update. Ive given it a rest for tonight as my Head Gakets didnt turn up. Instead a Full Head set at no extra cost. So im delaying things a little and doing the valve stem oil seals tomorrow.

Also ive stripped down my old block and found the problem. Cylinder 2 and 5 have excessive piston slap (ooops guess that will be the rings then) and cylinder 3 has lost is bearing and has rather a lot of latteral play (so that was the knocking then).

Anyway, recon i will just take it easy tomorrow and decoke the heads and rebuild the jspec engine back up. Also going to change the power steering pump (Its easier to leave that in the car when doing the engine change ive found), and swap the bottom arm.

Sunday is the big day then. The engine should be going back in.

Kyle

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Kyle,

Good to see you mate.

Just out of curiosity, would you require a donor car at all? I haven't sold mine yet (I'm back mid feb for a few days to tie things up) and I'm going to take it to a dealer. I reckon they'll give me a grand max (trade) for a car that is worth double.

I'm open to any offers.

J

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry mate but ive got everything i need.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts