Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is the msg that i'm getting:

I just got the newest version of megatune and what not. I'm guessing it has to do with the firmware. How to i update my firmware? or what not! HELP

Also everytime i load and map into megatune and then it promps me to burn it to the ecu; megasquirt will come up with an error and then disconect. Is this because of the first error?

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
How are you communicating with MS? I've had communication problems with using the USB-Serial cables.

·
Vendor
570 Posts
Thank you for posting a complete screen shot, as this makes it much easier for me to see what's happening. This looks like you have MegaTune configured for Bowling & Grippo's original fuel only code. If you are using MS1/Extra, you'll need to set it up for whatever release you're using. If you ignored the "this is usually a very serious problem" part of the error message and attempted to burn settings to the Megsaquirt anyway, chances are you've hosed the firmware in there, so I would recommend reloading the firmware again for good measure. (MegaTune isn't kidding with that error message.)

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i am running a MSnS-Extra firmware 029q2. How do I change the settings for the firmware and then burn the firmware to the MS?

·
Vendor
570 Posts
You can grab our download package (in the software section of our site) and select MS1/Extra 029v (same signature as 029q2) when MegaTune opens. I'd also upgrade to 029v at least if not 029y4 - the 029v version fixed a timing advance bug.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts