Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She passed with flying colors!

CT scrapped their emissions testing program a few years ago because it was riddled with so many problems. They just started the new program in October which is very high tech including live cameras and a retinal scanner - Yes the guy doing the test has to have his retina scanned to get into the computer. Also there is a scanner for the barcode on the drivers side door sill. There's no way to cheat this new test.

Well I'm the first person I know to get the new test. I switched in the original ECU, drove to the test station and hit boost cut repeatedly - hehe. })

Surprisingly as strict as the test is it's the same weather your MX-6 is N/A or turbo. I'm surprised how well my car did. Must be running pretty good.

·
Banned
4,040 Posts
Horsepower = 7.5 ?!?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
SleepCounter said:
Horsepower = 7.5 ?!?
They might test on a rolling dyno, like they do in the "enhanced" areas here in Cali. yeah, 2Rusty?

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
they also say that the mx6 is a sedan.. since when do we have 4 doors? =/

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HotRodMex said:
They might test on a rolling dyno, like they do in the "enhanced" areas here in Cali. yeah, 2Rusty?
Indeed. So if anyone ever asks how much horsepower your car requires to maintain a steady 25mph, you can tell them. :p

·
Banned
4,040 Posts
2Rusty said:
Indeed. So if anyone ever asks how much horsepower your car requires to maintain a steady 25mph, you can tell them. :p
I guess that would be 25 mph with a 25 mph tailwind.

·
Registered
372 Posts
what have you replaced on you car, i am about to go throught NJ inpection and i would like to know b/c u seemed to pass with flying colors? did u add ne thing to the tank?

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Don;t know if the test numbers differ where I am here in TO(didn't bother to compare #'s) but I've passes for years now with flying colours. At least we can feel good about racing/driving our cars around, despite their ages. Good stuff though.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Good job, I know how it feels I was dreading taking the probe in for a emmisions test.

But I passed too. And I got less than 2% of the limit in everything. I think I posted a thread with the actual values. Mine was also done on a rolling dyno but I didnt get a horsepower rating. Mine was given in gpm, i think grams per mile or something crazy like that. I wish I could have had it in ppm.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IROC5spd said:
what have you replaced on you car, i am about to go throught NJ inpection and i would like to know b/c u seemed to pass with flying colors? did u add ne thing to the tank?
Oh boy, NJ inspections! I lived in Princeton before I moved to CT. The inspectors there revved the crap out of some poor latino woman's nissan and it started pouring smoke from under the hood. Then they started testing my car and failed me because of the "visible smoke" which floated back to my car.

I didn't add anything special for the test except put good ol' 93 octane in which I always do anyway. You can click on the link in my sig for a list of mods I've done.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
So, uh, what are these here emissions testing you guys are talking about?

Bahaha.

Tax free and emissions free NH = not a bad deal. :tup:

·
Registered
251 Posts
yeah no emmisions testing in alberta. hell we don't even need to drive around with a cat! great for the environment! i'm certian that my car would pass emmisions testing if i did have a cat installed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts