Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well for fun i put in a bid for the indiglo gauges off ebay after i registered to see how bidding works on ebay thinking the bidding had a day left. I misread it and it had an hour left. So now I am stuck with indiglo gauges from procarparts.com. I was wondering if they were good and reliable so if I install them they won't burn out. Next, how do I do it? Do i need to remove the whole dash, or just the black plastic part and the face plates?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Indiglos

I just installed indiglos from procarpart.com about two weeks ago, they look great and haven't burnt out.....email me at [email protected] and I will help you out with whatever you might need to install the gauges....peace

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yeah, they come with instructions, but they suck.....they are very vague and don't explain how to wire it in the MX6, it is just for a general install in any vehicle.....peace
:cool:

·
Registered
153 Posts
all u have to do is take 3 screws out pop off the middle consel then take your dash off then unscrew the gauge bezzel and carefully put the gauges back in

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
What a relief because I ordered the same ones, glad to hear they look good. Got any pics?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Indiglos

Sorry, no pics as of now...I am waiting to get my buddies digital camera going to take some pics of the ride....I also just ordered the illluminating blues and grey pedals for the ride, I hope they turn out as good as the gauges...best of luck to you, and let me know how the install goes....peace:cool:

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mike

hey mike i just got my gauges and was wondering if I could still email you for a set of very detailed instructions of how to install these. My email address is

[email protected]

I'm a bit curious how they work b/c there seems to be no light bulb with them. Oh well, I hope to hear from you. Thanks in advance for all your help.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
From what I understand about Indiglo, The discs are just Photosensitive and "glow' when light is shone on them. And don’t have a light source of there own .The existing in dash lights will do the lighting. {Kinda like the "green dots " on a watch".
Good luck!

·
Registered
763 Posts
I ordered a set from e-bay too.. I Hope they're good, cause I hate the factory black guages and the factory green lighting :)

How much did you guys pay for the indiglos?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts