Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have a silver MX-6 V6 engine, manual transmission. i haven't done much to my car yet. but i'm having some problem with it. My gauges doesn't glow at night anymore. i don't know what's wrong with it. does anyone know how i can fix this? if you can i would love to hear it.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I don't know if there is one off the top of my head, but check for a blown fuse for the dash lights. Are they the only thing not working? Next would be to replace the dash light bulb. Others here have taken their dashes out, me I don't have a clue.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Sounds like you either have a blown fuse or the dash light dimmer has gone bad. Are the lights on the reast of the dash working or are they all out? If they are all out it would point to a fuse or the dimmer switch, if some of them are working then it most likely will be the bulbs in the dash, but I can't see all of them going out at once.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
The bulbs are pretty easy to get to and replace. I had a total of 4 bulbs out behind the dash of my 6. Take the three screws out by the instrument cluster, then the whole thing just lifts up.

There are four screws to remove the instrument cluster. The bulbs have little plastic holders holding them in. I'm not sure if you'll be able to find them other than at a dealer though.

Tyson

1 - 9 of 9 Posts