Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is dave. I dont have a mx6. But i want to know alot about them. They look like really nice cars. my girlfriend has a 96 mx6 ls v6. So i want to know alittie more about them so i have a better understanding of her car. well i own a 87 Celica GTS. And my past cars are 87 Iroc Z. 89 cavailer coupe 2.0. 88 Z24 2.8 v6 turbo.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Dover huh? Your girlfriend wouldn't happen to go to UNH would she? I've seen a couple girls driving 2nd gen mx6's around campus. Anyways -welcome to the forum, there is a ton of information here. Enjoy! :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yah thats me. igo to UNh ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
88 are slow

my cavy was way faster then a 88 mx6 GT/ so your car must be really slow. And they did not come with turbo. So you heard wrong. it had around 187hp. But know I own a Celica gts. Its not faster in anyway like my old car. But it runs nice and its good on gas. @-

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Prncsmx6ls

So what year mx6 do you have Prncsmx6ls. Do you have any pics of it? thanks again Dave:)

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Re: 88 are slow

GTSGUY said:
my cavy was way faster then a 88 mx6 GT/ so your car must be really slow. And they did not come with turbo. So you heard wrong. it had around 187hp. But know I own a Celica gts. Its not faster in anyway like my old car. But it runs nice and its good on gas. @-
I was talking about my car, bro. Just a joke. My friend did have a 94 Z24 Cav, pretty quick and lasted 250K+ :eek: Although, stock for stock we never got a chance to race although I wished we did, he ended up getting a Probe.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I drive a 96 M edition. :tup:

I do have pics of it, but I'm not smart enough at the the moment to figure out how to post them. :D

mx6cat - I took a look at your car domain site - and that's actually not the 6 I've seen around campus. I've seen a green one with rough paint. a red one w/o spoiler, and on occasion a light blue one, all 2nd gens. But it's always cool o see another owner around, especially one that's a girl!

·
Registered
117 Posts
well thats cool. ive seen the green one and red one before too. i have a mazdaspeed decal now so its a lil harder to miss. ill put up some updated pics on my site soon.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
MX6Cat, i hope you don't mind me saying this, but, i love those pics;) oh yeah, i love your car as well. did you do the mods and sub installation yourself???

·
Registered
117 Posts
hehe thanx. no, audio install is something i just do not go near ;) LoL.
I really don't have many mods. The car came with the intake, so I didn't do that. I don't have the stuff to put rims on tires ;) . I put in my interior lighting and my mazdaspeed decal if thats what u mean hehe.
ooh and update. i cleaned up my headlights with the rubbing compound trick. looks good. ill post pics soon.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Can't wait for the new pics

I can't wait to see the new pics, hehe ;)
what was the rubbing compund trick? This summer somebody smashed into my front passenger side of my car and their insurance company only bought me one new headlight, so i have a brand new one and an original headlight for the drivers side. And it looks weird. I considered buying 2 new ones, possibly angel eyes but it costs a lot for a canadian like me :sigh:
So yeah, the rubbing compund might heal the troubles. write to me anytime.
Later,
Koala

·
Registered
117 Posts
To get that icky yellow tint out i just wet a cloth and rubbed hard with rubbing compound and wiped it clean. a couple times and it looks like new. good stuff. I should be gettin my film developed soon and then ill post my pics, probably before Thanksgiving.
I'm plannin on doin a homemade mesh grille with some mesh type matherial thats sittin in my garage. After Xmas time I hope to have glow gauges, strut bar, clear side lenses, and a new intake (since everyone says my K&N sucks..hey i didnt put it in! ;).
I'm thinking of getting Hotshot. found a nice one for 195 online. There is an intake for cheap on procarparts.com like 85 bucks for the mx6 but it doesnt say the brand which worries me. does anyone know what brand that one is? I dont wanna get a big POS. ill prolly just stick with Hotshot.
But Koala, def. try out the compound trick and see if u are satisfyed b4 u buy new lights.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
You can make a CIA for only $30. I'm getting mine for free from another mx-6 owner who lives nearby :D he's giving it to me for free, i'm not sure why, maybe since he has a sweet muffler the two sounds just don't go together, so he uninstalled his CIA.

Anyways, i'm going to reply to some other threads now

I can't wait til the new pics come out :D

Oh before i forget, when is thanksgiving for you americans?

Later,
Koala

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanksgiving is November 27th this year.
Custom intake would be pretty cool. did you check out that iffy one on procarparts.com? Im curious what brand it is. well anyhow that's awesome you got a free one. maybe I'll make my own over the holidays ;)

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
You can get the parts at home depot, i probably will take the CIA for free but i may not use it since I want to make my own. I wish PEI had a home depot, all we have up here is canadian tire, haha, it's crap but at least it's cheap, we call it Crappy Tire, it sounds retarded but the name says it all :eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts