Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, why must my headlights be so dull? Argh. Ive done everything except use a heatgun. Got alumninum polish, plastic plastic, both the abrasive and non. As well I sanded it multiple times. I used acetone, Windex, scrubed my ass off. Nothing is working. I have no heat gun and well, I dont feel too good since it would be easy to break the lense. Is there any other thing? Besides replacing them. Or can someone in the FL area help me with the stupid heatgun =P

·
Registered
136 Posts
oww sorry to hear your predicament. today i used 600grit and then polished it with white rouge and it worked well.. if you want something new, i'm working on my projector lights and if I ever do finish em I can reproduce the casing and then let you guys stick your own foglights in there or whatever cause I can't get these foglights I'm using again (i bought em from biglots and made a custom casing for em..)
it'd be cheap if I do end up selling the casing for you to put ur own fogs in..

jason

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i sanded mine with 600 and then 800 then 1200 then 1500 it worked very well, my buddy did his too he has a mustang and his were bad and they look great, take your time and use something other than your hand to rub it use a hand held sander, mabye u should do the inside too that might help if not gett he projector headlights dont use the $$ for stock lights

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
what>>>

ok whats going on here... why are you guys using sand paper on the headlights, im guessing to make em clear so where do you sand>??? the outside.. plz lemme know how to do whatever you guys are up to... :) I could always use clear lenses in a dark street... THNX

G

·
I hate mine too, i have tryed some of those things with no luck and the dealer wants big $$$$ for new ones,I can see why your pissed !!!!. Let me know how you fix them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts