Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Administrator said:
I have a problem with your signature. Please change it if you wish to stay on the site. It is only stirring the pot more, and I interpret it as breaking forum rules. This is your opportunity to remove it yourself. Thanks!

Nadeem
I would like you to show me where in the forum rules it says i cannot voice my own oppinion in my signature. You have no right to remove me from the site because "you" as in your own words interpret it as breaking the rules. This has been up there for more than a couple weeks and its just now stirring issues? I would also like an explanation on how "my signature" its stirring up problems.
Thanks!

The Feen

I can say a million things right now, but ill end rant here

/rant

feen

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Administrator said:
Please remove the link to adblocking software from your signature. I see this as a violation of forum rules. This is your chance to remove it yourself. Thanks!

Nadeem
compnut21 said:
Administrator said:
Thanks, I was gonna put something funny there if you didn't. Peace!

Nadeem
same shit, different day. at least hes trying to do something now though.

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
Pretty cool he has that power.

I guess short of Nabeem he's the most "powerful" person on the site. I dont think any other mod can do some of the tricks

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
That's the benefit of being a super moderator. Steve can do almost anything except change the layout of the site.

"Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."

This is what new members see when they sign up. You have to click it to become a member.

While it does not specifically say that you cannot advertise in your signature it does say that they can change, move, or close threads for ANY reason. Even if they are dead wrong.

alwaysbrokenMX6- I think he hasn't gotten to yours yet because Feens is blatantly obvious.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Feen - Since the site is basically his I would do what he asks. I also do think that Steve would unban you as well. The only problem with that is if Nadeem is really starting to pay attention to the stuff that is going on he might be watching for something like that to happen. In the end it could be a problem for Steve as well. In the end there is no need to get upset about your sig. At least he pm'd you and asked you to change it. I would have just changed it and told you.-Justin

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Also Graham_A_M you are correct. Next to Nadeem Steve has more pull then anyone. He has far surpassed me.........

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i havent been on here enough lately to know hes "working" with us. i wanna see how he replies first....then ill see....if not its dupe account for me LOL.......just kidding

feen

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
Also Graham_A_M you are correct. Next to Nadeem Steve has more pull then anyone. He has far surpassed me.........
My name is Graham BTW. ;)
How does that work for you guys? The power system amongst mods I mean?

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
Oh so the more places a Mod manages, the more likely they can become a "super mod" ?
is that it?

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Well with the old system Goat and Justin were the head moderators. They have some administrative control in addition to all the powers that regular mods have but they can't change site layouts and stuff like that.

They can ban people for a set amount of time (whatever they want, goat does this all the time) and edit anyone's posts and signatures and avatars.

Regular mods can ban people, hand out infractions, change people's posts/threads and move/delete/rename them. We can't change people's other information. We are also limited to moderating the sections we are assigned to. Super mods can do it all anywhere on the site.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
The super mod thing was a big thing with Sean. For a good time the site went without super mods. The reason Sean was touchy on super mods was because Prior to Dave ( the last super mod) every super mod got a big ego and did more damage then good. Kind of like a rift in the mod ranks. The mods were mad at the super mods because they would go into their forum and change/ edit things. When asked to stop the super mods did not want to which in return started to cause problems in the ranks. For Sean and Chris they did not want to see this again so they took their time to select the current super mods. Hope that sheds some light into things.-Justin

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
saw my name so thought I'd say Hi.

Sorry dave :wave:

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
scrollup tag but hell which stone you been hidin under!!!!!!

Sorry Dave :wave:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts