Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok if there is already a thread for this im sorry, but my search function just will not work today!
What are the main differences between a uk and import mx6. ( in this case 2.5 uk and 2lt import.?
i know that the engines are different and the improt had diff headlights and mirrors, poss 4ws etc but anything else?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
uk : 2.5 V6

BHP - 165
no electric climate control
no heated\folding mirrors
no 4WS
no "special" lights hehe (donno the tech name for them)
can change the angle of the headlights (up and down)
a bit cheaper insurance :p

IMPORT :

2.5 V6 and 2.0 V6

2.5 V6:
BHP: 198
electric climate control
heated\folding mirrors
4WS
"special" lights hehe (donno the tech name for them)
can't change the angle of the headlights (up and down)
red brake light in rear spoiler
YELLOW fog lights
some came with BOSE sound system that included a sub in the boot

the 2.0 V6 had everything
except the power was i think 160 BHP right?

2.5 V6 IMPORT = KLZE
2.5 V6 UK = KLDE

2.0 V6 IMPORT = KLFE (not sure about this part)

hope this explains and didn't miss anything
search always helps;)

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
4WS was an option on early UK models, BHP was 164 for the UK 2.5lt and 159 for the J-spec 2lt V6 (KFZE) and 198 for the j-spec 2.5lt (KLZE). The UK did have heated mirrors. Fog lights had a yellow cap over the buld in both UK and JDM

Not all j-specs had digital climate control, it was an option for them too. But I do believe that aircon was standard.

Folding mirrors, rear spoiler brake light, no rear fog light, one piece headlights, front indicators in fog lights and optional stainless steel sills and BOSE sound system were J-spec only parts. Mechanically, the only differences between the 2lt and 2.5lt V6 J-specs was the engine.

·
Registered
236 Posts
:help:confused, what me, oh yeah!

OK I've looked at the info in the above mines got the following, but I always assumed that it was not a Jspec:

2.5 V6
BHP: ???
electric climate control
heated\folding mirrors
4WS
"special" lights hehe (donno the tech name for them) ???
can't change the angle of the headlights (up and down)
red brake light in rear spoiler
YELLOW fog lights - front
Electric drivers seat
Leather interior
cruise control

Rich

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
mmmm.. sounds very likely Richard.. stick some pics up if you can of the front and rear of the car, and one of under the bonnet. With these we should be able to deffinately confirm it for you. One other thing .. is the rear fog light built into the light cluster or is it seperate ? Japs dont have rear fogs and you need to have one fitted when shipped for MOT.

Oddy.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Well the fact you have a bolt on Fog light, pretty much confirms it for me, before even seeing the pics... NICE :jump: well done.. i'm not jealous, no not one little bit .... honest .. :rocket: :cry:

Oddy.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
By the way Richard, if it does turn out to be an import... is your insurance company aware :shrug: ... might be something for you to ponder on or even call them and try and get the info out of them as to what they think the car is, without you mentioning the word import.

Oddy

·
Registered
236 Posts
LOL Oddy

Thanks for the insurance tip. Yeah they were informed when I first got it. They stung me for a one off payment of £250
because it did not fit either of their 2 cats 1 was ....GT I cannot remember what the other was.

Well I've taken some photos on my new phone but for can I find out how to get them from the phone to anything else. I'll have to RTFM tonight.

Rich

1 - 10 of 10 Posts