Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am very keen on being able to play tapes and CD's up front so I have been looking for an in-dash CD / Tape player that fits in the single DIN of my MX6. So far the only manufacturer I have found with this product is the EXCEDIO EXCD-1000 manufactured by SANYO (see http://www.sanyousa.com, crutchfield also carries it). You can add a changer to this as well. Anyone bought this yet. Feedback appreciated. They do not have a large product line yet so I am a little concerned about quality etc.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have the stock tape player and the stock cd player from my 93 mx6 v6 and i am seliing it if u want it give me an offer

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In dash cd/tape player

Thanks guys. For some reason I never thought of using both DINs for 2 seperate units. That changes everthing. I wonder how that would work...I am swapping out my stock tape player so I'd rather not replace it with stock stuff.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Both Kenwood and Pioneer make AM/FM cassette units with canger controls and they have slaved CD players that can hook up to them. But first take stock of how many tapes you have, how often you listen to them and if you are buying tham any more. If they answer is not much for these questions then you probably don't need the tape player, especially if you have a CD burner.

·
Registered
111 Posts
How much do you guys want for the add on CD players? I had one and it broke and have been looking for another.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Why do you need a cassette player? I'm REALLY curious. I found out that it wasn't until just 2 or 3 years ago that CD sales FINALLY outpaced cassette tapes. I always figured it was because of old people...

·
Registered
283 Posts
i have the stock cd player for my 93 mx6 v6 for sale and the tape deck if you r interested email me at [email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In Dash CD-Tape Player

Why do I want to listen to tapes? Because I have a ton of them I made over the years and the only place I can listen to them as loud as i want is in my car... Because i cannot fade tracks and equalize the levels yet on the cd's I burn, because i can tape radio shows when the best DJ's are playing the newest stuff and then sort though them on my drive... because I like to make tapes... cd burning is still a bit of a drag on my PCo... and I am not old people .. I don't think so anyway... But as I said, I'm not going to replace with stock, thanks for the offers though. Not going to use two DINs either. i'll let you all kno what I decide. Thanks again for the info

1 - 9 of 9 Posts