Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well, i got my nissan put together, started it, ran fine! I'm thinkin cool it's fixed, then at that moment booooom rod through the block... I guess the junkyard oil pump didn't work.... Which was a stupid thing to even try...

I need a motor for my nissan, and i'm asking my fellow mx6'ers for help to find me one...

BTW... the motor for the mazda will be here Thursday! it will hopefully be in the car in march(when the snow melts at my parents house... where it sits!)

But I need a qr25de asap!!! I'm tired of trying to look manly in a purple kia.. especially since i had my nissan going for about 45 minutes...

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Why not look into the VQ35 swap? It's been done and the engine is far more recognized then the 2.5 is. In a chassis as light as the Sentra, the mileage might even improve with the swap.

Otherwise check Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market and you should be able to find a motor local to you. I found my car door through that site.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Good luck finding a used one of those engines for a decent price! Most junkyards dont even give you a warranty on that particular engine with all the headaches it has. Have your TB screws backed out and trased a cylinder yet?

-Tyler

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Crazy-J's Spec-V: 350Z powered Sentra! 12.9 @ 105mph. - CLEARWATER, Florida

Ignoring all this, there are shops in California that do this work. Search online and you should be able to find more detailed info on it.

I would do the 3.5L though in a heartbeat. Better block, more parts, insanely better performance.

Thanks for the link! I would love to do it, but I don't have 3k-4k
to do the swap!

but if i did... oh man...

Good luck finding a used one of those engines for a decent price! Most junkyards dont even give you a warranty on that particular engine with all the headaches it has. Have your TB screws backed out and trased a cylinder yet?

-Tyler

It happened to the guy who owned the car before me.. the motor is an '06, which is the year they fixed the Butterfly Problem

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Reason I posted it wasn't for the price, but for the idea. It's mostly an electrical swap, so if you have the know how or know someone that does, it can be fairly simple. The SpecV trans can still be used after being mated to the Maxima/Altima bell housing and from there it's a few mounts (that can be fabbed at worst) and some wiring.

I wouldn't completely ignore the idea. Not saying you are, but you'll be surprised how much easier these motors are to find as well as fix. Much nicer to have then the QR.

PS. I merged your posts, but use the edit feature to add other comments or quote on/off to make multiple quotes. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts