Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the near future i will be putting in a turbo into my mx6. i am in the Auto Technician program at my college. with this knowledge i will install my turbo system. (hopefully the fuel delivery problems will be solved by then). my question is....how can i beef up my transmission system to handle a lot of extra hp? i know Limited Slip will help spin both wheels at the same time...but will this strenghten my tranny? anything else i could do? will a RWD system be my only option? thx.

solar

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Yo Solar, wassabi...
LSD won't make your tranny stronger. It is a limited slip diff which like you said reduces wheelspinnign (makes both wheels spin). I think that might be a bit better though cause it moves the stress from one wheel to both so at least it may help your axles to last longer. What can you do to help your tranny to last? That's a tough one, mate. I think you should get lighter flywheel, which reduces the stress on bearings, and do not go over-extreme with the clutch you gonna get. Not too weak but not too extreme, you know what I mean. And get more rigid engine mount. You can get it from Rafi, it's supposed to minimalize the engine movement which should reduce wheelspinning and should again divide the power to both axles, which is good for tranny too... There isn't much more to do than pray that the tranny won't blow, I guess. If anyone knows what more is doable, please let us know...

Hope this helps ya Sol
Mici

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you know i love ya mici. :) thx for the info. im going to post this on PT and see what they have to say...

solar

·
Registered
294 Posts
So is changing the tranny fluid recommended on the mx6? When? That might help with smoother shifting cleaning out of the tranny and may make it run cooler...

LaTeR..

:eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts