Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 95's right-turn indicator has started flashing at twice the speed of left-turn indicator. Can anyone help with this, before it stops being funny and starts annoying me?

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
slimdave said:
My 95's right-turn indicator has started flashing at twice the speed of left-turn indicator. Can anyone help with this, before it stops being funny and starts annoying me?
Likely one of your turn signal bulbs needs replacing. The filament has probably shorted a few turns which drastically increases the current flowing through it. Standard flasher relays use the current to heat a bi-metal spring to make/break the contact. This heating/cooling cycling gives the flash rate. If the current goes way up, so does the flash rate.

Could be a front or rear bulb. If not the bulb, then the relay itself is bad (not likely IMHO.)

·
Registered
54 Posts
the same thing is happening to my car but it wasn't the bulb.
it's the back right signal bulb. changed many bulbs but still not working. still trying to find the problem.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have the same problem since I installed the J-spec lights. Turn signals blink at 2X rate, hazards blink at normal rate.

If I change the bulb to a lower wattage rating, will that decrease to blink rate?

[Edited by KenF on 04-25-2001 at 12:51 PM]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts