Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to buy some gauge faces on ebay cuz i'm getting tired of looking at the ugly stock faces that are on there...but they say they're for AT only? I don't think there's a difference in the gauges but I just want to make sure before I buy them.

·
Registered
208 Posts
there is a slight difference. The AT gauges have a square hole on the gas/temp gauge so that the AT "gear" can be shown. thats the only difference.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Theres manual ones on there, just keep lookin, i got mine off there.

·
Registered
121 Posts
yea i bout the set off ebay for an automatic, there cheaper, and i didnt see the mt at first, but they fit the same, other than the window, do yourself a favor though and invest in halogen or led back lighting, you will lose you needles in the gauges otherwise, they just never bright enough

·
Registered
941 Posts
i got a set of AT ones off there and when i got them i realized they were for an automatic and then i got some different ones for a manual i think i paid like 30 shipped or something.

its kinda blurry but you get the idea

heres a daylight pic

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
those are the exact same ones i want but they only have the white gauges on ebay without the backlighting. do you remember what seller/store you got yours from? maybe i could hit them up

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
These are mine.. When i had them, everyone complimented on how i didn't have that little open spot on them, so i ended up buying a few sets.. All gone now of course. But they are out there.. i had no trouble finding them on ebay.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
I gave indiglo gauges a shot before and they were cool until I realized they made my radio hum with interference. :shrug: That was the end of those.

If you are more interested in white gauge faces, there are a few places that sell overlays. Let me see what I can dig up.

EDIT: Here you go. They can do a ton of different colors too.

Mazda MX-6 Manual Transmission Gauges

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
That hum was probably due to a bad ground. Mine never gave me a hum.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Guitardude and Midrange, are they hard to install? Do I have to wire anything up?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Guitardude and Midrange, are they hard to install? Do I have to wire anything up?
hey man. no, theyre not hard to install. the only thing difficult is getting the gauges behind the fuel and temp needles without throwing them outta wack. you put em on (guessing you know how to take off the gauge cluster already), wire the red wire into the back of the dimmer switch (orange wire iirc) and then pinch the black one into one of the screws that goes into the frame of the car behind the gauges and voila!

·
Registered
941 Posts
yeah they are super easy to install. I think the part that took the longest was just taking the dash apart and thats just cuz its time consuming. Anybody can do it though

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
OK, when i installed mine, i removed the needles carefully and i was a blt to get everything back on.. it was then i found out that you do not have to remove the needles, it should slip over...

the wiring is easy, but to make a suggestion, i always fused the power wire on mine.. thats just me, not really necessary perhaps.

Just a note, i say this to the locals in the canadian section, but if your around me, i'm always willing to help out, no charge..

·
Registered
894 Posts
Yay thanks guys, it's not reversible with the kms larger than the miles on the other side is it? lol j/k but are there any canadian versions out there?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts