Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got my reverse white indiglo guages installed. It looks sooo freakin' bad-assed! :muhaha: I also installed the aluminum guage bezel.

After I got it all said and done, I put everything back together, and realized that I no longer had anything to light my needles, thus making them not visable. I got creative.

I removed the dash bezel (not the instrument bezel), drilled two small 3/8" holes in the upper corners on both sides of the guage cutout. I inserted two Type-S mood lights (one on each side) and plugged the holes with rubber grommets.

I wired everything to rheostat so I can adjust the brightness, and now my entire gueage cluster has a sweet blue glow! :)

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
you know, you could of just used the stock lights and either use a diffrent bulb in them for any color or you could of take off the green piece of rubber over the bulb for white or left it stock as green.

yeah i went to the just yard and got an extra rheostat that i used for the reverse glow, and kept the stock light hooked up with the green pieces of rubber off of the light bulb. so i can control both from the dash and it looks better then installing that rheostat that came with the reverse glow.

just suggestions, but looks good

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
el norm said:
you know, you could of just used the stock lights and either use a diffrent bulb in them for any color or you could of take off the green piece of rubber over the bulb for white or left it stock as green.

yeah i went to the just yard and got an extra rheostat that i used for the reverse glow, and kept the stock light hooked up with the green pieces of rubber off of the light bulb. so i can control both from the dash and it looks better then installing that rheostat that came with the reverse glow.

just suggestions, but looks good
Yeah yeah yeah...I know I could have done that but, as usual for me, I wanted the most complicated solution for the simplest problem...not to mention it just looks damned cool! :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts