Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Just fitted an induction kit, can't believe the difference it has made. The torque from 4500 rpm is so much better, i actually managed to spin the wheels when testing it (I know, wet roads) in second - get the revs to 4000 (about 35mph) and plant the foot!!!

I got it for a good price as well - Free! My mate took it off his Pug 205 GTi, so on it went, perfect fit, it's a K&N. I think come summer I'll put a down pipe on to make it CAI, but for the time being I'm happy. :D :D

By the way, those with CAI, have you removed the plastic cover under the engine?

Will

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Good for you Will blimy you have turned into a modifying man now what with the induction kit,gearnob etc............:)

I cant wait to hear the purr it gives........ that would have been my nxt job a induction kit but i have no money left :(

Stu

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tell me about it!! I was not going to do any engine mods, decided it was too expensive.

But it would have been rude not to take it for free... :D

I'll post a pic as soon as I get the g/f's digital camera off her.

Will

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
hey will, glad u got it done. i was grinning from ear to ear when i heard the pipercross one i fitted to the auto. in fact the effect is more noticeable on the standard fitting as opposed to the cai, as the roar is more muted till a few more revs pile in.

andy had fitted a cai to the beastie i got from him, and the bottom panel is still in place. tis a good idea as it will help to prevent splashing onto the filter in rain etc. there is also a ram pipe for additional air from the front apeture of the spoiler too.

you might find you want to add a ram pipe too, to give additional cold air.

have fun mate,

Mike

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike,

I was going to put a ram pipe in, bought some expandable alu tubing from Halfords, pulled it out to expand it and the bloody stuff fell apart!!! Going to have a rethink on the material used... Just struck me I could use my old hoover hose if i cable tie it away from the hot bits! Might also add a heat shield on the engine side of the filter...

Put some ducting from the original plastic air intake to direct air straight onto the filter, looks a bit nasty tho...

As for the smile, I drove home (from Basingstoke to Southampton) at about 5500 rpm just to hear the roar :D :D

Will

·
Registered
359 Posts
hi will, glad to hear you got it done mate, you won't regret it... even after months of habving mine, I still smile when I hit 4000revs :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
will mate, i just cut an inch or two off the original plastic intake to allow some cool air that way, and have a ram pipe to install soon. perhaps try a good electrical wholesaler such as wf or city electrical, they will have some better quality flexible ali ventilation pipe. the additional cool air is prob more important when the weather gets a bit warmer.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts