Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, I need some advice. I dont really know anything about anything, so I am glad to see that the site is back up!

The other day I got an Infinity Basslink amp/sub, I do not know
alot about car audio, but for what I paid, I figured it would be worth the small increase in audio performance. I have the factory tape and CD player in my 93 MX6 ls, what will be required for wiring the Basslink to it?? This guy I was talking to at Ultimate Electronics was saying that I had to get some "aftermarket conversion kit" or something. Is this just to convert the output of the head unit to RCAs??

I figure that the stock CD and Tape player do not have RCA outs, but I know that the Basslink has four speaker-level inputs. Does that mean that I can just splice the wires to the basslink with the wires to the speakers?? If this sounds dumb, again I apolojize for my idotness!

Another thing I am wondering is this...I know that the basslink sounds good turned up loud, but I also know that my stock speakers might not sound so good turned up that loud, should I install some sort of capacitor or something to keep the real low sounds from going to my door/rear 6x9s??

There is a manual avaliable on this site for the Basslink if you wanna look over it, also the site has some nice info on it.

http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/product.asp?ProdId='BASSLINK'

Thanks for any advice, and any time spent helping!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hey, let us know how that thing sounds and where you mount it in the trunk, I've been thinking of getting one (or two) of those things.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does good!

Hey, I threw in the sub this weekend, and I am definatly impressed. I am not way into car audio, so it may not mean much, but I was supprised at how good it sounds for being 1 10. I think that if you put 2 in, it would sound great.

I mounted it in the far right hand corner of the trunk, in the instruction manual, it suggested this, it calls it "corner loading" the sub. I soldered the speaker cables directly to the old speaker cables right at the back of the head unit. The hardest parts of the project were runnning the cables, and acutally mounting the sub. I highly recommend the Baselink!

·
Registered
49 Posts
The other day I got an Infinity Basslink amp/sub, I do not know
alot about car audio, but for what I paid, I figured it would be worth the small increase in audio performance.
Yes, it is a good upgrade for someone who wants an easy install.
I have been noticing them for sale for about $220 lately, so there are a good buy for someone that simply wants to add a sub to a factory system, without the hassle of external amps, crossovers, etc.

should I install some sort of capacitor or something to keep the real low sounds from going to my door/rear 6x9s??
You have 6x9's? My 93 MX6 has 5x7's all around.
You could simply turn down the bass from the head unit, and "pump up" the speaker level input adjustment on the basslink if necessary (to compensate). This technique is virtually a 100hz high pass crossover for your regular speakers, but will only work to some extent.
If this still doesn't sound up to par, then using bassblockers may solve your dilema.
On an unrelated note, I just bought a Infinity Kappa DVC 10". I also sold most of my equipment on Ebay, and hope to build a fresh new system soon!
I plan to post here, once I have a page made for my install.

LATER!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts