Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys whats up,
well me and "copmagnet" (lance) from probetalk.com are working on a pretty big meet for us here in dallas/ft worth
we are going to meet up with each other pretty soon to set something up, some of the suggested places or activitys were:
sixflags---tickets for 21.95(not official yet but pretty close price)
cook out at a park
go karts
etc.....

so were going to figure out how we could make some of these suggestions possible, ohh and of course were still open for suggestions!now this meet will be open to mx6 1st and 2nd gen,probes 1st,2nd gen, and Ive already spoke to some other guys from probetalk and there also willing to help out so there should be a pretty big attendance at this meet! in other words im trying to get more people than what we had last time(about 4 cars) so what do you guys think? of course our I havent forgot our meet in april, but I am informing you about a possible(big) meet sometime in the near future

so what do you guys think? email me with any suggestions
later guys,
carlos

·
Registered
44 Posts
Go Carts!

I never thought about that! I think go carts would be alot of fun for a bunch of car enthusiest. I would definately go to that, well i will probably go to anything, but i guess we'll wait and see after we get some more replys to this thread.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok more info

me and lance are metting up on sat. to discuss the plans for the meet,, so far I have checked the prices for sixflags and they will be..22.00 a ticket! and tomorrow Im going to the grand prix place in dallas and checking prices on that, on sunday I should post up more info on the meet and place time and things like that,,, so is any one interested in this meet? so far we really havent came up with much so we do need your help! so please post some suggestions

until next time,
carlos

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok

ok so far we decided to do the sixflags and BBQ, now as far as the date is concerned- it will be in the middle of may or june, we need to see how many people want to attend and how when would be the best time and day for everyone to attend, so if anyones interested please post up with your:

name
email
and when the best day for you would be

after I get enough info from everyone, we will then post a date.

--so whats up guys anyone down for some fun?
now remember tickets are only 22.00-if you dont already have a season pass,, so the sooner everone posts up there info the sooner I can start to collect money for this meet.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Uh...

Those are pretty good suggestions--I really like the Go Kart thing. We could meet at Speed Zone--they have 300 hp Drag cars--pretty dang fun.

I hate 6 Flags, with a passion, but I will go, just to support my fellow MX6ers. I'm not sure how that would all work out. We all going to try to hang out? or whatever.

With the cook out, I imagine a lot of people wouldn't bring what they should and so on, but that sounds good. I guess it could be, if you don't bring, you don't eat.;)

I'm open to whatever, just let me know when you get more of a date down. May or June would be fine. I just hate all the crowds at 6 Flags, all the morons walking around and bunching together in summer heat, standing in line watching commercials for hours on end waiting for a 10 second ride.

No pun intended.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Uh...The more and more I think about 6 Flags, the more sh!tty memories come to mind. I'm out on that deal. We got 4 free tickets to 6 Flags a couple of months ago, we gave them away.

Last year, the prices were like $32.95 per person, are you sure about the $21.95 deal?

The one time I had fun as an adult at 6 Flags, was when my company and a few other companies rented it out for a day. We were the 1st of the public that got to ride Mr. Freeze. now that was cool, you just walked from ride to ride. I rode like 20 rides in 2 hours or so--I was worn out from riding instead of being worn out from standing.

Last time I went on normal weekend times, we got there at about 8am, and left at midnight, I got to ride like 15 rides, a lot were kiddie rides, just so we could escape the heat and crowds and avoid the 3 hour lines (the kiddie lines were still like 45 minutes).

Not to be like a little B!tich, but I'm out on that deal.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AHH SORRY TO HEAR THAT

well normal prices for sixflags are about 45.00, but one of my friends works at radio shack and he can get as many tickets as he wants for 21.95! now the whole point of sixflags would be to basically meet and hang out and have a good time,, sorry to hear that you dont want to go, we are getting some support at probetalk about this meet, but for me I just wouldnt be a meet with out some sixes out there,, does anyone else want to go?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Maybe if we get a whole bunch or something. How many from Probetalk you getting?

DAm! They've got the balls to ask $45 for the tickets at the gate? DAm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Six Flags sucks ass, no joke. I think we'd be better off not going. Hey, when you guys figure out a date, lemme know! I can roll into DFW easy enough. Just need to know in advance when it's gonna be. Anytime in June would be better than May for me since my wife and I are moving in May.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
where yall moving to? Getting out of Odessa? If so, where to?

·
Registered
375 Posts
meeting

Im interested in going to a big meet. Im in Houston, and dont mind the drive out there. I to hate 6 flags. Let me know, later.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Yeah, we're moving to Borger for this summer, my wife got an internship with Phillips Petroleum, then back to Lubbock after the summer.
I'm down for whatever, June would probably be better than May though, since we're moving in May. And a weekend would be the only possible way. So, if something gets figured out, let me know. [email protected] or icq 7709808

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think the speedzone idea is pretty sweet. People can race if they want or they can stand around and talk since there's no admission to get in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts