Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
381 cfm??
Max speed- 180x103rpm= 18,540 rpm? I dont think so , turbos spin over 100,000 rpms. where did you get this info?

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Where did you get this info?

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Interesting, 380 CFM is awesome. I wonder how those people got the info, since rumor has it that IHI never released any info or specs.

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do a search for rhb5 turbo specifications, vj-11 flow rate, warner ishi flow rate, specs, specifications. I used a bunch of different words and searched alot and came up with info, some of the searches were 10-15 pages deep in the search though, I used google, but before I could come back to reference all the sites, they were gone. The T Bird uses a .60 which is pretty good size, Fallguy would call it a pea shooter, but pretty good for the sohc motor if you are on a budget and looking to get some good gains without the pain of going t3/t4, that can get kinda expensive if you don't have the right equipment or know the right people ie: welding and piping

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Warner ishi even has the specs on their website. Crude, and for current models, but it is better than guesing.

Instead of RBH, they now are RHF...

·
Registered
454 Posts
ok i have proof that there is no why in the world that you can get 381 cfm's from that turbo. You will have to have a rhb7 brl 512 a turbo to come close to those cfm's!!!!!

i have the flow charts right here in front of me and this proves with out a doubt that your numbers are wrong!!! The RHB5 BRL 393 B will give you a MAX EFF. of about 190. But HIGH FLOW LIMIT is around 270!! I have the chart right here in front of my and once i have it uploaded then you will be able to see what i am looking at and all the spec that i have. The RHB series and the RHF series turbos are different turbo completely!!! i have seen the RHB6 turbo and it is a lot bigger than my rx7 turbo and WAYYYYY bigger than the t-bird turbo!! Stay tuned for more info.................

I have seen the site that you are talking about and i will post the website once i find it again.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
A mitsubishi 20G turbo flows around 500 cfm.
Do you really think that little turbo is going to flow 380 cfms? It's just logical..

Take measurements of the inducer and exducer of the compressor. I can almost guarantee my tiny .42 T3 wheel is larger.

G

·
SickSix: IHI RHF turbo's are a upgrade from their older RHB turbo's while maintaining backwards compatibility. They are far more effecient.

You can't look at a RHF5 and compare it at all with a RHB5.

·
Registered
454 Posts
As you can tell from the diagram that the RHF series turbos have ball bearing in them!!! the rhb series turbos are non ball bearing. So that turbo can handle the RPMs better than a non ball bearing turbo can. Also it can flow better.

like the said the RHF series vs the RHB series as two different series!!!
Take a look at bramal turbo(sp?) and you might find out the the RHB and the RHF turbo have differnt part numbers. I think it has info on the RHF's.

·
Registered
174 Posts
So from looking at these charts.. the RHF5 would be a good stock replacement for our RHB5. Although the RHF55 would be a good upgrade, compairable to the T-3 hybrid. Though the RHF6 would be too large and introduce too much lag to be enjoyable for daily driving... hmm any counter arugements?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts