Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres a question that i am curious about.

what style injectors do our cars have?

i dont know the diffrence between peak and hold vs saturated, which offer better performance or mileage, can they be interchanged with the other type.

i googled peak and hold injectors vs saturated injectors and couldnt make heads or tales of what came up

anyways, thankyou for your time

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
rally626 said:
heres a question that i am curious about.

what style injectors do our cars have?

i dont know the diffrence between peak and hold vs saturated, which offer better performance or mileage, can they be interchanged with the other type.

i googled peak and hold injectors vs saturated injectors and couldnt make heads or tales of what came up

anyways, thankyou for your time
Its just a way of saying one is low impedence and the other is high impedence.impedence simply means resistance (ohm). Interchangeable?...Well you can run a low impendence injector on a high impendence car but it will require a resistor.what ever the differences.Example the stock injector is a top feed high impedence(saturated) injector. I guess that answers some of your question.

·
Registered
559 Posts
kharma to ademan!
the peak and hold, is a high impedence.
the saturated is a low impedence.
ours are a low impedence and are wired to be such.
you cannot interchange them.

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
MesXco6rt said:
kharma to ademan!
the peak and hold, is a high impedence.
the saturated is a low impedence.
ours are a low impedence and are wired to be such.
you cannot interchange them.
other way around dude...

like was said above, could use a low impedance injector on a high impedance computer, but with a series resistor, or external injector driver. to do so without would blow the FETs in the ECU. you probably couldnt put high impedance injectors on a low imp ECU because they are designed to give full current(peak) to quickly open the injector, and then reduce the current to the level required to just keep it open. this last level may not be enough to keep a high impedance injector open. high impedance injectors are just fed battery voltage, until no more fuel is desired, there is a opening delay because of the lower initial current, however this can be handled in software, so in escence it doesnt matter much, but stick with the same style that you already have.

fred.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Fastest95PGT said:
I thought I *heard* 1g injectors were low impedence.
Look in my responce,1st gen are high impendence/high ohms. Most imports uses a high impendence injectors or a low impendence with a ressistor box to turn it to higher impendence such acrs are dsm,hondas,some mazdas,toyotas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.