Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody changed out thier injectors for some higher flow ones? Does anybody know where I can find some nice ones?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Unless you are runing FI i dont see a reason or read about a reason to do this. more fuel does not mean more HP. you have to have more air and fuel mixture to gain HP.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I am running rc eng. injetcors in my 2.0. I chose to go with the 330cc along with a walbro 190lph fuel pump. The only reason I did this is because a am on laughing gas. If your running basic bolts ons, the stocks injectors will suit you just fine. I would only upgrade if you start building the motor internally or going Forced induction like SUPERFLY said. Any more questions, just ask.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
how much were the injectors and pump? where did you get them?

did you do them at the same time as your internals and if not, how was the gain?

·
Registered
298 Posts
The Pump ran me $90 and the Injectors ran me $80 each. The pump I ordered from a local auto parts store and the injectors I ordered directly from RC Engineering. I did these upgrades prior to my NOS install just to ensure propering fueling. I wasn't really looking for major performance gains from the pump, injectors and fpr....I just want to make sure that there was enough fuel to compensate with the nitrous. However when not squeezing, there are some noticable gain as long as the psi isnt cranked up to high. My motor is pretty built, so the upgrades in fueling compliment everything nicely. If you need part #'s for anything, just let me know.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
what is the rating on your injectors and did you not add a fuel solenoid when you equipeed NOS?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am thinking that I might need to replace my injectors soon anyway, and instead of trying to deal with the local dealer, I thought I might just get some that are just a little bit nicer then the stock. how many cc are the stock injectors? I'm planning having Paeco build me some ported and polished cyl. head w. big valves, the whole encilada. Plus I think that I need a new injector rail because I over tightened a bolt for the fuel pump regulator. Anyway, I'm not looking for anything like 550s or anything, just basically stock equivelant made by an aftermarket company.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Joe_Silver93.....I believe the stock injectors are in the ballpark of 220-225cc....Since you are planning to do some motor build up, you might wanna look into increase the flow rate. With the mods you plan on doing, your gonna be added more airflow, but to accomadate that air, your gonna need some more fuel. Just a thought....let me know how it goes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts