Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the mechanic said I needed to place my right side inner and outer wheel bearings. I can't find anything that specifies that they are different in size so Here I am asking. Are the inner and outer wheel bearings different size?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
don't know about the inner/outer, but on rockauto.com they only have the front wheel bearings.

quoted from rockauto and this is for the front only:
{Ball Bearing Outer Race Radius=0.0394" Bore=1.6535" Outer Diameter=3.1496" Width=1.7717" Inner Race Radius=0.1496"}

also if you posted in the more general section, as this isn't exactly an "other performance" question, you'd get more hits, and potentially more help

·
Registered
380 Posts
Inner and outer wheel bearing.... hmm. I remember replacing my wheel bearings on my MX3 and it was just one fatass bearing for each side (both left and right wheel used the same bearing) not sure if I had to press it into something else.

Different car so I'm not 100%....

On another note, they are relatively expensive, and I needed a press to put them back into the strut assembly, just knocking them in like an idiot won't cut it lol. They charge like 50 bucks per bearing to do pressing here where I live so my dad said F**k it let's just buy a press for 200 bucks, cheaper if you think about doing 4 wheels.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Well the mechanic said I needed to place my right side inner and outer wheel bearings. I can't find anything that specifies that they are different in size so Here I am asking. Are the inner and outer wheel bearings different size?
your "mechanic" ( cough) is eaither an idiot OR a liar, there's no "inner" & "outer" wheel bearings, just one per wheel. In either case, I'd not let this guy touch your car.:tdown:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts