Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i want to start my mods...heres what i want to do...and if you all could tell me where to get some of these things...

interior:
-right now my car is white with blue interior and i would like to paint all the inside to a royal-navy-dark blue color. any sugestions? and there is a crack in the dash...how do i fix it?

-i need a short shifter. any kind. for like 45-60 bucks. any sellers? also a new shift knob preferably the same color as the navy-royal-dark blue color mixed with a chromish carbon look.

-i want to re-apulster with a type of crush velvet type of feel only on the doors and back dash..and mabey the seats in the same color but i need a more sturdy material for the seats.

-i want to get new pedals in the same color scheme.

-i want colored gauges, back lit color changed... any type of thing like that.

_Exterior_

- want to do like wayman with the grill thing...and wayman, can you tell me exactally what you did? you know that mesh look...then i am going to get the mazda emblem thats like kinda dimondish...the kind that were on the mx-3's like my brothers MX-3 GS.

- want to get a nice set of rims, white painted preferably, but alos would like to get a set of 6-8 thin-medium spoke. all under 1000 bucks...more like under 600 but who knows.

- want a set of springs that will lower it 2"+ got to find a site that has them for my 89 GT for less than 260 so that this local shop will match the price....or just find a set used for under 100.

- a nose kit of some sort. nuff said.

- new exhaust. looking for used magnaflow duel tiped exhaust muffler.

SO IF YOU CAN HELP, RATHER IT BE POINTING OUT SITES TO ME, HAVE SOMETHING TO SELL ME, OR HAVE ANY SUGSTIONS...PLEASE PLEASE POST.

THANKS.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I found my rims on e-bay, new in box $500. You will need a 5x4.5 bolt pattern, with a 35-45mm offset. I have a 35mm offset and it looks perfect. The only way you are going to get a 2" drop is with a coil-over system. Intrax lowered my car a claimed 1.75" and it is as low as I would want to go. It sits great and with some tokicos it would really handle great. I have KYB GR-2's and they don't match up with the Intrax springs at all. I bought my short shifter at http://www.summitracing.com . It is a pacesetter and I am really pleased with it. For the grill mod, I just cut all the plastic out of the middle, then got some gutter guard and cut it to fit, used stainless steel bolts to hold it on.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the steps

ok wayman....how exactally did you do it... i need some details so i can get it right... more pictures if have em...it could be helpful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts