Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 93 MX-6 (Black fully loaded. ohh =p) And I have to transfer my system from my old car (93 Hyundai Scoupe, It wasn't THAT bad, and it was REALLY easy to work on.. =p) And I need to know the wire layout/color combo's to transfer my Headunit, Subs, and Amp over.

I know I can't keep my old speakers (since the MX-6 has VERY different sizes then my old car did) But Some things are making me pause. The Factory System has 6 speakers. What do I do with the 2 little tiny Tweeters? Hook up a Bass Blocker (or the 50 Transister from Radio shack) to them and splice off the main speaker Wire? Any Suggestions would be helpfull.

Also. Where would the best place be to run the Amp power cable thru the engine Fire Wall? (The Cable that run from the Positive Battery Terminal to the Amp)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me have a nice easy install job. Cause I don't want to have a heart attack when I should be enjoying my new car.. =p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well, to go through the firewall, you need to cut away with a razer from a cord already going through,with rubber around it, thats what i did. as far as speakers it is easy, mids and highs are the same. tell me better your other problem i didnt really understand that well

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
u need to go to a local audio place and get wiring for the deck. you dont need a kit but you need the wires and that will color cordinate it for you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts