Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

How hard is it to install an auto tranny cooler and do you think a novice could do it with a chilton's handy?

Or should pep boys take care of it...

·
Registered
41 Posts
dont even need the manuals, mount tranny cooler in front of da condensor. run new hoses from the radiator to the cooler. cooler back to tranny. easy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Again,

Okay so I purchased a hayden 404. And I got under my car and positioned the cooler over the condenser... but the only position it seems to fit in is vertically. So how is it best installed vertically or horizontally? There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of room either way. But if it is vertical how do the hoses run. And where the f**k are the radiator and tranny oil hoses I am not used to everything being so tightly packed in there.

Any input would be great!

·
Registered
41 Posts
i got it installed horizontal. dont matter. as long as u dont let da hoses get cut and den u really f*cked. da bottom of the radiator. u should see hoses and metal tranny lines. disconnected one of the hoses from the tranny. tell a friend to watch where da oil come out of, the tranny or da line. pull da key in the on position. shut off then take out the key. if it came from the tranny den its da one goin to da radiator. if it came from da hose den its da return hose. run da return hose to da cooler. comin from da cooler another hose back to da tranny.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey man,

got it in a little diagonally then horizontally but it don't rattle and it don't leak....
Looks pretty good... it's my first job!

Thanks for your help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts