Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my dilema is that i got a manual boost controller but cant figure out how to install it. ive tried probeperformance.com and it doesnt really help me in the DIY guide. could someone give me a picture or something that i could look at? would be very grateful. it is an inlet outlet controller so dunno if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
559 Posts
hey. did you try the SEARCH?
if not, don't worry about it this time.
it depends on what kind of controller you got.
bout it should have two nipples on it. on your compression housing..(AKA: the shiny-er side of your turbo) should have a nipple with a hose running to your boost selenoid.
what you need to do is cut the existing hose (aproxximately half way) and hook the lines up to the nipples on your boost controller.
prefferably to where the hose(on the comp. housing side) runs into the nipple parallel to your adjusting screw.
if this is no help, or does(in any way) NOT apply to you, then you can shoot me.
have fun.

-Scott-

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes sir i did.found a formus and thats about it to go to probeperformance.com . i kinda understand what your saying if anyone else could clearify it for me, would be great. im a more visual person so if someone could get a pic on it for me would help me tons.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Okay, I don't understand something with the picture that Sick posted in the other thread.

There is the one he posted.

Here is how mine is set up....

What is this "Compressor reference port" that he speaks of? Should I have it hooked up?

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
The compressor reference port is the nipple sticking out and down from the side of the compressor housing near the intercooler pipe.

Your diagram is correct.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
But what I don't get....in the first pic, it has a vac hose from the compressor housing, like mine. But it also has the compressor reference port hose. I don't understand that.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
That "reference port" might be for a boost gauge and the "from compressor housing" is from the compressor housing. I'm not very sure on that.

But forget about that diagram. Yours is correct.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
maybe to the input on the boost control solenoid on a stock setup....but who knows...and yes, your second diagram with the pretty writing is correct.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so i do remove the stock solenoid? and replace it with a T pipe? or do i plug one?

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
just disconnect it from the wastegate and the electrical connection. Also, remember to plug the vacuum intake line on the bottom of the intake tube just before the turbo inlet. just your vacuum line from the nipple of the turbo outlet to the bottom of the mbc, and then the side exit of the mbc to the wastegate nipple. remember to have your boost gauge installed correctly, so you get the correct reading at the manifold.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Okay, I mean...I figured mine was right. But when I saw that picture, I couldn't help but to think that maybe there was more I could get out of it. Thanks for the info.

You like my pretty writing, hotass? ;) It's the (looks around) [Whisper]Coca-Cola[/Whisper] font.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Installed my boost controller.

I got mine installed yesterday. I couldn't find a location that really kept the hoses short and my hands able to do the job. This is where it ended up. I had to remove the compressor pipe and turbo heat shields to gain access to area, but all in all took about 20 min tops. Pretty easy. Purchased a new Vibrant brand Boost Controller off of ebay for 30 bucks, had hose, clamps, & good clear install instructions were included. Now time to test her out.

you can see MBC location behind the radiator cap, on a fan support.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts