Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to install my Eibach's and Tokicos. My whole car rattles when i go over a bump, sometimes the front right wheel gives out this horrible rattling sound like the wheel is hitting something..

The mechanic said it could be the bearing or the brakes. So I am also installing new rotors and pads while doind so I was thinking of getting new bearings and maybe other parts of the strut/spring set up that would make my car feel smoother. Any ideas? Is there rubber bumps or anything I can get from Mazda to replace....

Thanks

Optima

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Optima, on my 94PGT, a front end rattle/looseness-feeling was cured by replacing the sway-bar end-links. I was doubtful when the Mazda dealer told me they were loose but the car is a ton quieter over sharp-edged bumps now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The ratteling is from the swaybar end links, I had to replace mine at about 100,000 miles. They are a dealer item only and cost about $40-50 each. You should change both left and right. They are real easy to change but you will need an allen wrench. Also they are cheaper at the mazda dealer than at ford.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts