Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you fellow MX6 Lovers!!! I bought mine 2 days ago...the car of my dreams...88 Silver GT gotta love that Turbo!!! Anyway...heres the question. I have a Cd player (sony has 2 pre outs and is 50wx4), two high end 4" speakers for the front, as well as a 10" sub and an amp for it. The sub is simple, I will just run a power wire from the battery to it and RCAs off the deck as well as the remote wire. Can you connect the deck to the factory equalizer/amp via RCAs?? If not how do you make that connection?? I am assuming that the speaker wiring is run from the factory amp. to the speakers?.? I intend to leave the factory rear speakers. How do I wire my after market fronts, as they dont work right pluged into the existing wiring harness??? Any help from anyone is much appreciated!!!

G

·
wiring up the 1st gen stereo is a bitch! i got a whole diagram from some webpage that i can't find now...when i dig up the paper i'll let you know, if you didnt finish it already. i didnt use an equalizer though, i just got a 4 ch amp and hooked up all the preouts to the amp, using two 10's when the amp is in 2-ch mode. if you still need help let me know

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
you factory equipment will not have RCA's, so you will have to go get a high to low level adaptor, or hope that your amp has high level in!!! ... just tap of the rear speakers with either the adaptor or straight into the amp if you have that ability, and your set... however the only down side to that is ... your radio is going to get louder on a lower volume scale since you will be using an amped signal ... replace the deck as soon as you can

-Scuba-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts