Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my annual payment to the Thieves In Suits is due 25th November so I phoned my insurers, Norwich Union, for their renewal terms.

Unfortunately, they would only cover me for up to 3 mods and wanted an extra £180 for the privilege :eek:

As I've already got 3 mods, CAI, Powerflow exhaust and FSE boost valve there wasn't much point in going on as it wouldn't give me any room for more mods that are in the pipeline... })

Funnily enough they didn't consider the lowering springs as a mod ("It just imroves handling Sir, not performance") and thankfully count the uprated brakes as a safety improvement.

So, I phoned Phil at HIC for a quote. Fully Comp, SD&P with commuting, protected no-claims, additional driver (if she's good), windscreen cover, £350 voluntary excess, all mods declared with the ability to add as many more as I want.

With all the discounts he gave (subscribing to car mags, attending sponsored car shows, MX6.com and FPOC memberships, owning the car for a year etc) the bill went down from £542 with NU, to £385.71 - even counting this years SP30 and my slight parking accident 2 years ago!

HIC are on 01279 506090. Ask for Phil as he's well up on what discounts he can get away with. One word of caution - if you live in a 'dodgy' postcode where your car is liable to be knicked or trashed he won't be able to help you as a couple on here have found out. But if you don't ask...
I suppose you could always do a 'MaputoSimon' (search for his threads - I ain't saying.)

Ken :)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Good for you ken,

mines up for renewel in feb, i dont think ill bother ringing phil then coz iam supprised my car hasnt been on bricks yet around my area :)

no one would nick my car anyway it never drives fast enough as it always has a dodgy gearbox :) LOL

Stu

·
Registered
900 Posts
Yea,

HIC weren't too bad, but I got the best quote from Adrian Flux in the end, same discounts - Shows, Subscription to Magazines and Member of club brought the insurance down to £530 (that's down from last years insurance of £780) would have been even cheaper if I had an immobiliser!

As for mods, all power improving mods will add 5%, and all cosmetic mods (incl wheels and suspention) will just incur an admin charge of £10.

So it clearly shows that there is an advantage to being old Ken - Cheaper insurance!!! :D @- (I suppose there had to be something @- @- )

Will

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Hmm
If you live in a major city then HIC won't give you a decent quote, i know as i got 1 from them and they where the most expensive :(, so it seems this company are giving good quotes but only if you live somewhere quiet, which says to me they aren't trying to be that competive, in the big market.

So come on lets see whos had quotes from this place and where you's live ?.

Andy

PS
Tony m8
and he has dump valve
, if anyone tells you that they are putting up your insurance because you got that fitted tell them to get stuffed m8, dump vlaves do NOT improve preformance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts