Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, heres the dilemna..i need to buy an intake system because i am following along with my ambition of modifying my six this summer, BUT i am not sure if the one i want is available for a 1995 MX6 V6. I was looking at a ROAR hypercharger unit. ( http://www.roarinc.com/ ) Not only am i unsure of its availability (which i emailed roar about..still no answer)..but its VERY expensive. So i am going to hold off on the roar and get something cheaper, something temporary. Ive narrowed it down to these.

- Weapon-R dragon intake (does this remove the mass air sensor? Isnt that bad?)

- Weapon-R air box open element adaptor (no tube, just a bracket and a filter after the airbox)

-PRM intake (might be too much $$ since im hoping to get the roar anyway..but its still my first choice)

- RACtive heatshield filter

any suggestions? Budget is of UTMOST importance..and of course horsepower....

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
whats the CFM rating on that hyper charger?

·
Registered
166 Posts
the weapon-r dragon intake is indeed a cold air intake, and i would recommend u get that one. the weapon-r open box element is the one that draws in hot air, u dont want that. hotshots seem to be the favorite among the crowd. prm's have a very small filter which many be restrictive, but will not have problems concerning hydrolocking. i dont think any intake systems will remove the VAF (MAF) because your car wont drive without it. this roar thing ... i would take it with a grain of salt. it seems they have very good marketing poeple working for this company. i would like to see some dnyo plots. to me, i think this idea would help somewhat in the low rpm range, but that fan will probably be a restriction in the higher RPM range. anyways, i think someone in probetalk tried this thing once and a bolt came loose off the fan and it got sucked into his #5 cylinder and ... well ... u can imagine. :(

·
Registered
543 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts