Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the top brands PRM, Hotshot, intakes fit on ATX. I have already tried to make a homemade CAI for my car but with the big tranny it was too hard :mad: . An ATX was not my first choice but I got a good deal on it and I didn't want my 1st car to be a honda! I live in FL so rain is a big issue.

·
Registered
231 Posts
DUDE> hotshots makes a TIGT ass Cold Air for the atx mx6. Do you have a V6 or I4? this one is for a V6 here is a link.....

http://64.38.203.52/temp/hotshot/products_intakes.asp

go to mazda then you will see mx6 automatic only.
You should see the intake its smurfin dope looking. It comes with the elbow for you TB to VAF. Let me know how it works out....

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'll tell you right now though, the Hotshot CAI for an ATX will not work on the MX-6. It will work on the Probe though. I tried to put it on my MX-6 and it will not fit. The front of the car is just a little bit shorter than the Probe, and talking to Hotshot, they said they designed and built it on a Probe and not an MX-6 - they just assumed it would fit. So they are in the process of redesigning it for an MX-6 ATX.

·
Registered
231 Posts
thats werid because i have autcally seen the CAI on an ATX MX6. Maybe he just had better luck.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Mazx6 said:
thats werid because i have autcally seen the CAI on an ATX MX6. Maybe he just had better luck.
Actually it kinda IS about luck. You see, for some reason, different cars have have a different amount of clearance between the radiator and the front of the engine than otheres. For instance. One time when Superwoop and I were at the track, we both had our hoods popped and we were looking at our engines. I notices that he had about 2" more clearance than what MY engine had. In my car I could barely stick my arm down to reach the front O2 sensor when in his engine, I probably had more than enough room.

Point is, it depends on your car. And if you want to fake out Hotshot and tel them that you have a PGT and buy one to see if it fits, then by all means do. If not, you could wait until Hotshot gets a hold of a 93+ MX6 ATX to test fit the new CAI in place and see if it makes it into production.

·
Registered
925 Posts
There is no way that it would fit on my Mx-6 .

I went with a prm without a pipe and hooked it up to my black plastic air induction that comes with every stock 6. That way i am getting a nice clean flow but am not pulling hot air from the engine as you would get if you just stick a cone on. Although I wish there is a CAI so i can get a little better boost :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
i just order a ractive heat shield filter. I'm gonna try to hook a mighty flow pipe onto the end of the ractive filter and extend it toward the bottom of the car. I did try to make a regular hotshot style CAI with that same pipe, BUT it was with a 3", so I had to learn the hard way to 3" pipe was not going to fit. It almost did but the plastic part of the pipe got ripped, so im gonna try a 2.5" inch and get an adapter to fit the end of ractive heat shield. this would only cost me about $45.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts