Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this is a noob question but i just got my 6 3 months ago and i wanted to install a bomz cai from ebay. when i tried to install it it wouldnt fit so i just used it as a short ram then my car started to shift at high then low revs. is this just because i didnt reset the ecu and if so can anyone help me how to do it ? or is it the intake itself ? thanx

·
Registered
822 Posts
not familar with the exact kit you have but it should make all the adjustments itself when the ecu monitors the air, fuel mixture etc. did you reconnect any pipes that you make have disconnected? the vacumn pipe etc?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the only other connection other than the intake tube itself that i removed was the pcv valve but i reconnected it ... i installed it with the cone filter, the mass air sensor, then the tube connecting to the manifold with the pcv valve ... dont know it that matters

·
Registered
330 Posts
LS trauma is right, a CAI made for a manual trans car is not going to fit an automatic as the transaxle is quite larger then the manual trans, this make it nearly impossible for the piping to be routed correctly.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
yea i have an auto... i want to use the intake as a short ram... will that screw up anything ? or should i just get a short ram specifically for an AT ?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Just slap A cone filter on the maf and ur done short ram intake. Get one with A opening on the top and use the stock inlet to get extra air while driveing. Kinda like A ram air. Thats what I did before getting my real cai.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts