Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when removing and replacing spark plugs, i can't get the plug wire out of the right-rear opening (cylinder #5?)-- the intake piping is blocking the rubber on the plug lead. it's as if the hole just isn't large enough for the boot!!!

are there any tricks to getting it out? tell me i don't have to take off the intake manifold just to change my plugs and wires?!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Never had that problem, just try moving it around until you clear the intake. The rear is kinda tight, but it is possible.

G

·
The hole is kinda tight, but just yank on it. It might be a tight fit, and a pain in the ass, but it's still better than taking off the manifold.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
azl said:
when removing and replacing spark plugs, i can't get the plug wire out of the right-rear opening (cylinder #5?)-- the intake piping is blocking the rubber on the plug lead. it's as if the hole just isn't large enough for the boot!!!

are there any tricks to getting it out? tell me i don't have to take off the intake manifold just to change my plugs and wires?!
The plug lead itseld is rubber. If you pull on it a little, it will disconnect from the spark plug, you will feel it. Then simply bend the lead gently and pull it out from the spark plug well. It WILL come out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts