Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanna know what the 2 clips are for in the intake kit bought from ebay. There is a long flat piece with 3 holes in it, 2 on one side and 1 on the other. Then there is a little small piece that is just a short piece with a 90 degree bend in it and the long side has the 1 hole in it. So if anyone know if i am supposed to use them let me know and where cause i have checked every where in the area and I can't seem to find out where they go if they even go anywhere.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
They sound like mounting brackets, a lot of the CAI's on ebay are pretty generic so you get bits you dont always need for your application. Do you have the EBAY auction ID, we could look at the picture in the auction and confirm that for you.

Oddy.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
i know what he's talking about. i_m_jones got those same brackets with his. i didn't them. I suppose you could...but i wouldn't begin to know where. but one thing I learned....it's best to jack up the car and come up through the bottom for the long piece that has the filter attached to it, and the cone filter attaches to the 45 degree bend, not the 90 deg bend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts