Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the RS Akimoto intake for 5 months now and as the winter's coming, i'm wondering whether or not to take it off. As you may know, the intake goes all the way down and it pretty much sits on top of the splash shield. I live in Chicago and the weather "up" here gets pretty bad: salt, snow, and really cold. Should i take it out for the winter and put the stock back in, or is it safe to leave it in there?

G

·
Petik said:
I've had the RS Akimoto intake for 5 months now and as the winter's coming, i'm wondering whether or not to take it off. As you may know, the intake goes all the way down and it pretty much sits on top of the splash shield. I live in Chicago and the weather "up" here gets pretty bad: salt, snow, and really cold. Should i take it out for the winter and put the stock back in, or is it safe to leave it in there?
i have had my intake set up the same way for 3 years now in the same conditions with no problems..

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I have the Hotshot intake on and I always remove it in the winter and just replace it with just the intake. Sometimes we get a lot of snow but most of the time, there is always a lot of dirty slush... So unless you plan on removing and cleaning th eintake every month or so, I suggest you remove it.

Now, if I lived in California, that's a diferent story...

G

·
Take it off

It probably would be ok. But hydro lock is not your friend, better safe than sorry. And besides, any extra power it provides you with isn't really necessary in slick conditions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts