Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm trying to figure out here what the best type of intake is to get. I've been reading the discussions and it sounds like between a k&N stock filter that replaces the stock filter or a hotshot cold air intake with a K&N cone filter on it. With the CAI do you get less gas mileage and won't you suck up water when it rains or do you have to be driving through flood waters to cause hydrolock?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
adding on...........

Basically I'm just trying to increase my power in the car with little mod's. The car's got 100,000 miles on it with the original plug wires. When do you usually replace those and will new one's give me a little more power?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool bro. Hey is it pretty easy to install this setup, intake and filter and if so, about how much would it run me?

·
Registered
543 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Re: adding on...........

Hobie said:
The car's got 100,000 miles on it with the original plug wires. When do you usually replace those and will new one's give me a little more power?
Ohh my gawd! I bet you at least 2 of the wires fall apart when you take them out and that all of them will be drenched in oil from your leaky gaskets. I would definitlely get new plugs, wires, valve cover and intake manifold gaskets and replace them all. I guarrantee you that you have oil in your plug wells and are probably running on less than 6 cylinders. I would hold off any performance parts and worry about the maintenace part first!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I replaced the plugs but that's it. A few of the tubes where the plugs go down in where filled pretty good with oil. I got all of the oil and there hasn't been any more seeping in. About how much would a set of wires cost me? Should I get them from the dealer?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts