Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know about the 2 things plugged into the stock air box, no one mentions them when they tell how to make intake. Are these important? I made the "home depot" intake and now my engine light is on? Any help is appreciated. :(

·
Registered
753 Posts
so what you trying to say is that the wire that normally plugs into the stock airbox isn't pluged into anything? is it just hanging there?

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I don't know where to put them. One is electronic and I have no idea what to do with it.

·
Registered
753 Posts
i know you need them, i think one is a O2 sensor, but im not sure. Someone that is more knowledgeable with the eletronics of a engine should help you out with this. sorry im not much of a help!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Are you talking about the wires that plug into the VAF? If so PLUG IT IN!!!! When I had a Home Depot intake all I had was an extra vacuum line that did not affect anything.

·
Registered
753 Posts
it sounds like he took his vaf off......

·
Registered
511 Posts
if you have a hose hanging there put a 'breather filter' where it is connected to the engine.

as far as the electronic part, you should tap a hole into your setup and plug in your intake air temp sensor so that it sticks into the incomming air. this is what is causing the CEL.

·
Registered
753 Posts
so what your trying to say is that you dont need the vaf?

·
Registered
511 Posts
the VAF must be there. if not your car will run like sh*t. the IAT should be plugged into the intake before the VAF and depending on year there will be a vacuum line that needs to be taken off and have a small air filter looking thing put on it.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
I have a 4cyl. How do I put it on with my new intake? I tried putting the stock airbox back on and my engine light is still on. I want to have my new intake but I don't know what to do with that sensor. Thanks for your help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts