Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about installing an aftermarket intake, but recently i read on a post that the stock intake actually has a "ram air" setup and could even be better then aftermarket. also, i read that you have to do some other mods in order to put in a new intake. is this right?

·
Registered
134 Posts
No none of it is true. An aftermarket intake will help, but don't expect huge gains though. Do a search and you can find all kinds of info and everyone's oppinion of which one they like.

·
Registered
283 Posts
the car does come with a cold ir intake but your best bet is to get one all the way to the bottom, that will be the best gian in power for you, usually exhaust and intake go 2gether

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you just throw on an after market intake/cone filter that sits in the engine bay, then all you'll acheive is loss in power due to the hot air being ingested and a dull growl sound when ever you accelerate.
Those are my thoughts and opinions from experience and checking around.

·
Registered
543 Posts
wal92tt said:
If you just throw on an after market intake/cone filter that sits in the engine bay, then all you'll acheive is loss in power due to the hot air being ingested and a dull growl sound when ever you accelerate.
Those are my thoughts and opinions from experience and checking around.
[/QUOTE\
you are corect. That is why the majority have cold air intakes, either by making our own, or buying a hot shot or rpm. IF you would like to have instructions as to how to maek your own cold air intake for $50, email me at [email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts