Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to to a local shop today to find out what kind of intake i could fit onto my 88 6 gt the guy i talked to told me my only choice was to have it be custom using some piping from the hardware store or something like that but for some reason i dont believe that that is the only option for these cars .... please let me know if there is intake i can buy all in one or something other then only a custom job.... which i wont mind doing if it comes down to it..... thanks...

·
Registered
897 Posts
The 1st gen MX-6's aren't a popular enough car to mod for companies to make a lot of performance parts for them.

That said, lots of people here have fabricated intakes, might want to search.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
ive seen some people here with nice fabricated piping that goes from the air flow senser into the fender and then I guess they have a ram setup.

But the cheapest setup and a damn good one too in my opinion is what I and many others have got. A good flowing cone filter with a heatshield around it to block it off from the rest of the engine bay. Then get rid of the air tubing in you left fender and get some dryer ducting attach one end to the engine bay and drag the other end down to the bumper and have it facing forward so air is pushed into it. It works great for me and I have yet to see any problems, you sort of have to manufactures some sort of a bracket for the airflow sensor though bechause once you take off the airbox the current bracket is too weak.

·
Registered
514 Posts
TiZBaD99 said:
you sort of have to manufactures some sort of a bracket for the airflow sensor though bechause once you take off the airbox the current bracket is too weak.
or if you are really go with puzzles you can use the stock ones, took me about an hour to figure out on my 86, but when I got the material and tools I made one

1 - 4 of 4 Posts