Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I WANT A LOUD/ GOOD INTAKE FOR A 93 MX-6 4CYL I CAN'T FIND ONE THATS A TUBE STYLE. PLEAZE HELP!!

I ALSO WANT TO LOWER MY CAR HOW LOW CAN I GO WITH 17" WHEELS WITHOUT RUBBIN?

ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT REMEMBER 4CYL

THANX MX_6guy

I ALSO RACED A 90 ACCORED AND 90 CIVIC SI BOTH WITH INTAKE AND EXHAST ACCORED WENT DOWN AND THE CIVIC KEPT UP WITH ME. FUNNY THING IS IM STOCK. GO MAZDA!

·
Registered
488 Posts
RS Akimoto make an intake for the 4 banger.

As for springs you aren't going to rub with 17s unless you are using the totally wrong tire size. I'm oversized with 215/45R17s right now with an Intrax 1.75" drop an i don't have any clearance problems at all. Normally with 17s you would be running 215/40R17 but I got tired of bending rims on rocks and potholes.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I don't think I have ever seen a tube/Hotshot like intake for a 4 banger. If it's an auto, then totally forget it because there is no room. I'm sure you can custom make some piping and route the tube somewhere where it can breathe in some cold air.

As far as the wheel/tires. I have 17" with 215/45ZR17 and Coil Overs dropped like 2" and I Still don't rub.. actually I have never rubbed in my life... I ride the bump stops sometimes when I hit big pot holes but my tires never rub.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i have the intrax too with 215 40 17 no problems looks good check out the bulk buy on the ground control over, that might be what u need, i would get them if i have some $$$

1 - 4 of 4 Posts