Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RS AKIMOTO INTAKE FOR THE 4cyl

Can anyone SHOW e a picture of their 93 mx-6 (4banger) with an RS AKIMOTO INTAKE on it i want to put one on but i dont know where all the stuff go's if it is a single pipe and not a two piece. can any one help me????? thanx ALSO the PRM makes on but for the 6cyl only how good is the univesal kit for my 4banger or would the 6cyl intake fit on mine?

Mx_6guy

[Edited by mx_6guy on 11-23-2000 at 05:25 PM]

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi

Went to see the pic. Very nice but want to know if the the filter do not allow for more hot air from the engine to be sucked in thus producing less horse power. I know that if the radiator fan goes on there is a lot of hot air in that area.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Coenraad said:
Hi

Went to see the pic. Very nice but want to know if the the filter do not allow for more hot air from the engine to be sucked in thus producing less horse power. I know that if the radiator fan goes on there is a lot of hot air in that area.
Exactly the reason that most people don't recommend just putting a filter on the end of the VAF because it looses power in city driving due to heat soak. Try Hotshot and PRM they are the most popular intake upgrades.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Yeah that's true. Having the cone filter connected right after the MAF does suck up a lot of hot air. That's why I only have that setup running in the winter and not in the summer. In the summer, spring, and autum, I have the Hotshot on. There is no reason for me to be speeding around like a monkey in heat in the middle of a snow storm or anything...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi

The hotshot and PRM intakes, are there any pics available on them ? Price ??

·
Registered
283 Posts
bro if u have an auto mx6 v6 its hard to get a cold air intake to teh bottom i did it on mine but iam telling u its herad a lot of stuff ha sto be moved and cut. but its a lot better than just a filter cause with a filter u r getting hot and cold air the car will run better and better fule and more power if it goes to the bottom.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts