Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the HKS superflow intake, just wanted to ask, which intake for the mx6 ls is the best

G

·
PRM CAI

I have the PRM Cold Air Intake. I love it, game a noticable power boost, specially in the lower end. Totally recommend it.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
where can i get the PRM intake and how much could i get for a used HKS just asking or coudl i get anything and how much is the PRM intake

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what about this idea i know this is probly been done, but u get an intake whatever kind u get, and get a front mounted air intake or just a PC pipe so the air will be forced into the intake, run the pipe right up to the intake and let it flow air all in there it might work or might not just an idea tell me what yall think

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool can some one give me some details on this i knew it was ram air just aksing how to do this right

G

·
custom downpipe

i used a weapon r filter on myne.. i made my own down pipe..
i took out the stock factory air box and that gave me hella room and space to put a down pipe.. so I have my filter all the way down there.. .. this whole setup i think improved my performance.. after the installation, my car felt lighter.. meaning a boost in HP.. so yeah.. ill post sum pics when i take sum..
theres a lot of stuff to do..

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i was thinking maybe this run a pip all the way to the front opening have the air run up from there to the air filter(intake) with a bigger peice fitting around the intake this might work my brother did it to his but it startedt o eat att he filter maybe if u spread the air out over the filter it wil work better

·
Registered
488 Posts
Check my link and you can see the intake I built. Basically all I did was take a small Mustang 5.0 filter, incase it in a 5" PVC pipe, cap the ends off and ran a flezable ABS pipe down under teh car with a scoop on it. There is too much metal and odd angles involved in running a pipe to teh front of the bumper for it wto be very effective so under the car is the next best location. Works really well, especially on cold nights.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.