Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend has a 96 integra...its pretty much stock, accept for a little muffler can thing...not even a decent SOUNDING exhaust, and a STS, not really sure what engine (im not even sure HE knows, lol)...no CAI, or anything like that, just a muffler...i mean, it looks all nice and everything, hes got some rims, and a system and its painted all pretty, but this b*tch talks some smack...hes always talkin about how mazdas suck and how i could never keep up with his STOCK acura...well, im getting about fed up with it, and im gonna race him, i have an I4 with an integra GSR CAI and a STS...this is basically going to be 2 stock cars going at it...i mean, ive got an eibach pro kit, and some 17's...but thats not helping my performance...who do you think would win...i know i can at least keep up with him, because ive seen him on the 1/4 mile and he doesnt know **** about what he's doing...spinnin tires everywhere, wont pull up to the line far enough...and ive got experience on my side...tell me who has a better chance...the only hondas ive owned and driven were pretty built, so im not sure how the integras do without extensive mods...TP

·
Registered
440 Posts
well if its a GSR u gotta problem but u probly will win because of the experiance and the 6 probly has more HP, but i aint garentueeing anything im still learnin bout cars everyday

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
In my opinion in your race its gonna be all about the takeoff - the cars seem to be pretty similar once you get past 1st gear, well to me, and i might be wrong. but anyways since he's spinning everywhere and you got experience you have some advantage points man, so if you get a good start you got him in the bag...
Let us know how it goes, my friend's got the same integra too and i drive the 4 banger, although i've never raced him. yet...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
The LS or the GS-R will beat you on paper. But hey, who knows?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im gonna find him tonight...ill let you know what happens

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what up, well, we raced tonight, jon and his integra and me in my 6...i was chillin at his house when he pulled up on his way home from his girls house...he gets out and immediately, he starts talkin crap and askin when we're gonna race, i told him i wanted to go at it tonight if he was game...so we hang around for a little while and after it gets dark we head out to a stretch of road where we're sure there isnt any traffic, people, cops, you know, and we line them up, guiding by an interesecting street and we just sit there revving our engines...waiting for the other to start...i guess jon was getting impatient because all of a sudden all i could hear was spinnin tires and his LOUD pipe screaming away, i launch my six and im ahead maybe a car and a half before he even regains traction...that was pretty much it, i was steady pulling away until i finally decided i had shown him...we slow down to a crawl and get up next to each other and hes all pissed...he says he wants to do best of 3 and im game so we turn our *nearly* stock cars around for another go...before we start i told him to go easy on the burnouts because i'll definitely win every time he does that sh*t (you know, im trying to help him out because hes my friend and for about a tenth of a second i felt bad for shooting down his ego like i did) and we line up again at the same interection facing the opposite way...basically the same deal, we sit there waiting for the other to start...this time my impatient friend runs it up to redline and pops the clutch, a little squeal but he launches it pretty decent this time, i make the mazda jump forward and i overtake him because hes running it in 2nd too long befor shifting to third...but by the time he hits third i was 2 cars ahead and still pulling away...and im about 3 cars ahead when i decide to call it off and i just pull over on the side of the road to gloat about how bad of a driver he is and how my car owned his integra...he was pissed so he just left after a few minutes and i came home...i have to say though, if that car would have had a decent driver it would have been much more exciting and if it had been built a bit more it would have run laps around my mazda...but he still has to live with the fact his integra sucks and now its my b*tch, lol:D

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Sweet, I love it when someone beats another person who talks crap, expecially when they lost and say best outta 3 lol

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Nice kill :tup: but I have to say your friend is a really really bad driver, the teg has 24hp more than the six, should've been a lot closer race

·
Registered
848 Posts
TPM_989 said:
this time my impatient friend runs it up to redline and pops the clutch, a little squeal but he launches it pretty decent this time
I know that Honda's suck at tourqe, but launching at redline?? And considering that a good launch, and not spinning too much either? Come on, you should know better than that.

And I think the base stock 5 speed Integra LS should beat a stock 4 banger MX-6, but not by much.

Good kill anyways:tup:

How good of a friend is he to you anyways? If he gets pissed off, and talks all this $hit to you all the time. My friend's and I never do that to each other when comparing our cars:shrug:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts