Give this thread a look: http://www.mx6.com/forums/2g-mx6-general/121533-corvette-filter-m1-207-right.htmlDoes anyone who's done this have an exact part number? I tried to look it up @ O'Reilly and there were a couple options.
Wow, I missed that. Should totally be a sticky. I did find out through trial and error that it's the filter for the DOHC 350 engine, as opposed to the SOHC, in the '93 vette. Finding one in stock is another story however, had to settle for the O'Reilly house brand for now. Thinking about just ordering a case of the K&N filters to keep on hand.Give this thread a look: http://www.mx6.com/forums/2g-mx6-gen...207-right.html (Corvette Filter -> M1-207 Right?)
Fram 3985. I have a dozen or so oil test reports for the 1g and 2g using cheap Fram orange filters at 5k (2g) and 7k (1g) miles. But we don't need to get into that here.Does anyone who's done this have an exact part number? I tried to look it up @ O'Reilly and there were a couple options.
what year of Ford Escape axles can i use for my 96 mx6?Found this list on another forum thought it would be useful to post it up and people can confirm or add to it. The list is made for the probe but most should be applicable to the MX6 too. Here's the original post so that the creator gets the credit interchangable parts - ONPOC Forums
* 2nd Gen clutch line is same as 1st gen, interchangable
* Clutch line is also interchangable with 1994 Ford Escort lines (g-Series tranny only?)
* Brake line from 1985 Buick Century fits 2nd gen Probe (MX6/626 implied; less expensive)
* 2000 626 Rear Sway Bar fits 2nd gen Probe Chassis with replacement bushings
* 1995 Nissan Altima Endlinks fit 2nd gen chassis and are better made & less expensive
* GM fin type door clips fit 93-94 door panels
* Inner Door Panel Fasteners or clips for 1998-2001 Ford Explorer fit Sideskirts on 2nd gen Probe
* Early 80s Buick/GM 1-wire Oxygen sensor replaces 3-4 wire sensors without throwing a CEL (less expensive)
* Mazdaspeed Protege LSD diff fits g-series 2nd gen transaxle
* Chrome centercaps for a mazda RX8 fits the chrome swirlies perfectly (Part number L082-37-192)
* Front rotors from 1993-2003 Protege fits 2nd gen Probe (MX6/626 implied)
* 1999-2003 Protege coilovers/struts fit 2nd gen Probe (MX6/626 implied) TEIN, B&G, K-Sport, JIC Magic
* Civic STS can be forced to fit 2nd gen Probe (MX6/626 implied)
* Prelude intake can be cut in half and fits 2nd Gen PGT (MX6/626 possibly implied)
* Porsche 911 Carrera brake calipers fit 2nd gent Probe (MX6/626 Implied)
* Escort front upper strut mount fits 2nd gen Probe (MX6/626 implied; 5/8" lower drop) Front is the only end interchangable. Rear are not.
* 2nd gen front upper strut mounts fit 1st gen Probe (MX6/626 implied; lower drop)
* 2nd gen Probe A-pillar gauge pod fits 1st gen Probe
* 1st Gen MX6 seats and 1st Gen Probe seats are interchangable
* RX7 steering wheel fits 1st gen Probe
* Mustang leather shift boot fits 1st gen Probe
* 1st gen MX6 factory RSTB fits 1st gen Probe
* 1st get MX6 factory lower tie bar fits 1st gen Probe
* G-Series Escort transmission internals fit 2nd gen G-series gearbox (stronger components upgrade)
* Millenia-S injectors & rails fit 2.5L V6 KLDE (60cc more than stock)
* Millenia curved neck ZE intake manifold fits 2.5L V6 KLDE (more airflow)
* 1998 Millenia PCM will run a 1996+ 2.5L V6 KLDE w/ATX (MAF conversion)
* 1.8K8, 2.0FS, 2.5KL and 2.5ZE, ATX & MTX can all be swapped around between 2nd gen vehicles with matching mounting hardware, axles, etc.
* Alloy and steel rims from all models & years are interchangable (GT rims & tires significantly improve handling of base models over 14" steelies)
* A 1993 Corvette ZR1 oil filter will increase your 2.5KL's oil pressure and oil holding capacity
* Swap out front calipers for the 91 3000gt vr4 4piston calipers and 11.9" rotors cost a total of like $300: http://mnpoc.org/forum/showpost.php?p=89178
* Clutches are the same between the 1st gen 2.2 non turbo, and the 2nd gen 2.5 v6.
* The 1st gen 2.2 turbo clutch is the same as the 89-92 rx7 turbo clutch, however the pressure plate is different.
* Acura tsx (mtx, same as newer TL's) rubber boots/sleves that go on the clutch and break pedals & they do fit on the pgt mtx pedals...
* Cobra 13 inch vented rotors will fit 2nd Gen PGTs with minor modification. Centric hole needs to be opened just a small amount. Bolt pattern is the same. Porsche Brembo Monoblock Radial Mount caliper can be very easily adapted to match on the PGT. With this setup though you need some very big rims. 19 inch rims will fit with stock struts and springs and same diameter tires.
* The Mazda MPV 2 pot calipers may fit with no or little modification. I was reading the thread at work so I do not remember it so clearly. But another brake option for the Probe.
* Non abs 93-02 and 98-02 626 abs rear hub assemblies fit the 2nd gen abs probes (cheaper). The old sensor ring knocks off and when heated up slip right back on without any pressing.
* Ford Escape axles are a good upgrade to ours and will fit just fine.
* 323 GTX gears apparantley fit in the 2g tranny case as well.
* Protege calipers upgrade for the rear of our PGTs to get rid of the freezing up that happens on the 93's & 94's. The third gen protege rear calipers are what you are looking for - 99-03 model years as well as the 02-03 p5. They give you about 1/3" more contact patch on the rotors, and are physically larger calipers also (for the "look" of it, if you're interested in that) Most importantly, the seals on the piston and ebrake arm are much better.
The whole front end, headlight assemblys and mounts, fenders, hood, radiator supports,etc. would have to be welded and fabbed to fit! But it'll fit. Definitely would be work.can the front end of a 96 ford probe fit onto a 95 mazda mx6? an if so is it just an easy swap or is there much fabrication work that needs to be done?