Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
What year of escape do i get the axles from? Im told there cheeper and stronger? I really need a set mine blew apart. And is there any other model i can get trany seals that match but is cheeper? Thanks guys

Sent from my GT-S5830D using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
978 Posts
will the Fuel pressure regulator (or the fuel rail adapter for an AFPR) from a 2.0 fit the 2.5?

·
Fast but Safe (say WHAT?)
365 Posts
Does anyone know if the alt off of the millenia L will fit on the klde with as little modification as possible??

Sent from BLACK BETTY

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
The 2gen fuel pressure regulator from the V6 can be used on the I4 but there are slight differences ; The I4's Operating Pressure is 44 psi and the V6 is 45 psi . The fuel line ( nipple ) is clocked slightly different as well but it will work in a pinch .

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Does anyone know if the alt off of the millenia L will fit on the klde with as little modification as possible??

Sent from BLACK BETTY
I wanted to post this here as well since it is a go to sticky - The milly alt works but needs a extra power on wire hoked up and a small bracket .Very detailed instructions as well as other options are in the following links -
1.http://www.mx6.com/forums/2g-mx6-general/248622-alternator-replacement-stock-amperage-higher.html
2.http://www.mx6.com/forums/2g-mx6-general/248709-millenia-alternator-questions.html

·
365 Posts
Or the MX6 bracket can be modified to fit the milly alt... But be warned some major grinding involved if no torch is available

Sent from BLACK BETTY

·
Administrator
5,189 Posts
If it's the alt that people have been using from the millenia, I think you need the alt and mounting bracket, along with the harness connector for the alt, because it has 3 wires. You have to run a third wire that has power with the key on.

·
365 Posts
If it's the alt that people have been using from the millenia, I think you need the alt and mounting bracket, along with the harness connector for the alt, because it has 3 wires. You have to run a third wire that has power with the key on.

Without a doubt you do need the three wire plug, but I was able to modify my MX6 bracket to accept the milly alt.

Sent from BLACK BETTY

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

Are 1993-1997 Ford Probe seats a direct fit in a 2nd gen MX6 ? I saw it is the case for 1st gen, but I wonder for 2nd gen.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Hi,

Are 1993-1997 Ford Probe seats a direct fit in a 2nd gen MX6 ? I saw it is the case for 1st gen, but I wonder for 2nd gen.
Yes, 2g seats can work in either Probe or MX-6. More often, people run MX-6 seats on their Probe as they are more comfortable and look better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Actually, I'm not willing to swap genuine seats, but I can use this information when looking for aftermarket seat brackets for my MX6: Probe brackets will fit as well, and I believe they are easier to find.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts