Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here in oz running an intercooler pipe upgrade? if so where did they have the work done? anyone in melb know where i could purchase 2" mandrel bent aluminium pipe from? i've just burst one of my IC pipes (geezus i'm having a bad run) anda cracked boot... so i need to do this... damnit... and the option of importing a HKS pipe kit.. well $700 US - it couldn't cost that much to make it locally...

any ideas / suggestions?

·
Registered
73 Posts
hey mate, your having some bad luck !! you been giving your little red car too much boost or what ??

I don't know of anyone "down south" but up here in Brisbane there is a Aluminium Radiators. see www.are.com.au - they do custom intercoolers and piping. Their work is top quality (but pricey) and I have spoken to them before they seem friendly enough.

I know Brisbanes a way from you but the reason I mention this company is because the owner drives a 1st gen. MX6 turbo. and he knows his trade.

Dom.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awwww come on - anyone actually done this upgrade here in Aus before??? :)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I/C Piping

C'mon man, don't worry about a $700 piping kit.

Go along to any exhaust place with your car. Ask them to make up some 2 1/4 inch mandrel bent pipes for your intercooler. Won't cost more than $200.

I'll do this just as soon as the new turbo goes on...

Pete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts