·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I hope this helps some people. If I had found this a month ago it would have saved me some of my headache. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
THis is the pipe going from the intercooler to the throttle body isnt it? Why the odd BOV flange location?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, in the auction posting it says the flange is for a 2g eclipse BOV. It also says the seller will make it for almost any BOV.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Thats not bad at all. I might pick one of those pipes up sometime once I get my HKS kit in. Although, as much as I like the crisp BOV sound I am still unsure if i want one for fear of running too rich/backfiring. Once i find the right BOV/bypass ill give it a shot.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
anarchyx34 said:
THis is the pipe going from the intercooler to the throttle body isnt it? Why the odd BOV flange location?
It was just the length that made it look like that's what it's for. Now I guess that all one would need to make this work is some silicone couplers?

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
ya know, now that I look at it, it seems like that is only the pipe that normally runs from the intercooler to the throttle body. They took two pipes and cut off the bend that runs to the throttle body and welded it to the other side. The pipe that I got done was full two inch, I think the throttle body pipe (charge pipe) is actually smaller diameter than 2 inch

·
Registered
607 Posts
This guy makes me happy in the pants!!!

I read this at the end of his auction

"Please check out my other auctions for some of the products we make for the 89-92 Ford Probe GT. We will have a full 3" mandrel bent exhaust coming out soon so bookmark our auctions. thank you and Happy Bidding!"

:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
607 Posts
And that is the pipe that goes from the turbo to the intercooler.

It's just backwards and upside down in the pic.

-Zook

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
intercooler to throttle body you mean, its the intercooler to throttle body pipe except for the fact that they cut off one of the 90 degree angles from one pipe, cut off the 45 degree off the bottom of the first pipe and welded the 90 degree back on, leaving one pipe that has two 90 degree angles which can be used to go from your turbo to intercooler instead of your intercooler to throttle body, bottom line is that the pipe is STILL less than 2 inch and isnt much of an upgrade from the stock rubber, except for the fact that you'll get rid of the rubber

1 - 20 of 43 Posts